28 days ago - req22174
Re-Use D&E Competence Engineer DUV Optics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Optical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
The D&E re-use department enables ASML cross sector to develop and embed re-use as integral part of the lifecycle of existing and new designs. Our overall goal is to improve the quality of our products and to eliminate waste to minimize cost.
Aspart of the D&E re-use department you drive re-usage of parts in existing and new products and re-use of assembly-parts where possible and worthwhile. You establish learning on failure modes of our products, help our engineers and supply-chain to design for re-use and procedures and embed learnings in the development processes used by at ASML and its suppliers.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As Re-Use engineer of the D&E Competence team you will focus on:
- Analyze roadmaps of the DUV Optical Column Functional Clusters for commonality and re-use opportunities
- Technical assessments of specific DUV Optical Column Modules & Parts for re-use opportunities
- Triage support of Re-use activities
- Contribute to use as-new activities of modules and parts
- Define work packages & requirements of re-use activities
- Ensure cross sector collaboration and integration
- Build up competence on:
- Parts failure, wear, aging and lifetime:
- How to Maximize repair/re-use and reduce scrap
- Improving designs for lifetime and Re-use
- Developing improved WoW, GID’s
- Embedding re-use related product learnings in design and PGP process
Master degree (or Bachelor degree with experience) in Optical, Mechanical, Electrical engineering or Applied Physics is preferred.
- >8 years of experience in an (ASML or similar high-tech) Engineering environment, preferably Optics, with high tech products and complex production processes
- Proven track record in optimizing part/system reliability
- Experience with analyzing (new) designs to define the critical areas with guidelines for required improvements in relation to Re-use
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Broad scope: ASML system knowledge, optics, supply-chain management, data analyses, mechanics, electronics, software
- Self-propelling and entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and team building skills
- Able to influence without power and not afraid to speak up
- Perseverance when confronted with push back
- Excellent analytical skills and “helicopter view”
- Product and procedure minded with customer focus
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) DUV sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML DUV products. The Optical Column (OC) Industrialization group is responsible for industrialization of these products by embedding operational requirements (Cycle time, Manufacturability, Reliability, Cost) early in the design phase ofNew Product Introduction (NPI) and Volume Optical Column products.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.