30+ days ago - req22193
Sr. Architect - Advanced Technology Development
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Physics, Computer science & software engineering, Data science
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Job MissionASML is hiring Sr. Architect - Advanced Technology Development. Theideal candidate will be responsible for applied R&D in the areas of:
- Stochastics and defect rate modeling in optical and EUV lithography processes
- SEM defect inspection and massive metrology
- Data mining and analytics to support product feasibility studies and early prototyping
Conduct feasibility studies in the areas of EUV and DUV computational lithography, pattering stochastics, SEM metrology and inspection, model development and evaluation. Work closely with system and product engineering teams to identify opportunities and solve product development challenges.
Define data acquisition needs and coordinate data generation from high-throughput SEM tools. Develop data processing methods for complex and large-volume metrology data. Conduct data analyses that merge inputs from design, optical simulation, e-beam simulation, and experimental data. Develop future model enhancements and evaluate model performance against wafer data.
Ph.D. or Master's in Physics, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Three or more years of experience in Lithography, Optical or e-Beam Imaging, Semiconductor process technology, Simulation, and Analysis.
- Good working knowledge of Optical Lithography and Computational Lithography products.
- Good working knowledge of SEM Metrology or Defect inspection.
- Strong technical hands-on skills in Simulation, Scripting, Algorithm development, Data analysis and Applied statistics.(Python, Matlab, Spotfire, JMP, etc.)
- Demonstrated capabilities for conducting independent R & D and contributing to cross-functional, team-based feasibility studies and prototyping.
- Excellent team, communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work independently and think ‘outside the box’ to identify, analyze and solve both simulation and experimental challenges in a dynamic, applied R&D organization.
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability