13 days ago - req22189
Tin Management Integration and Controls Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The laser-produced plasma EUV source produced by ASML generates light by firing high-energy laser pulses at Tin droplet targets at kHz repetition rates. The resulting plasma pulses create both desired EUV light, and undesired tin debris in the form of ballistic particulates and atomic vapor. If unabated, the Tin debris will coat all surfaces in the vessel, including optical components, impacting the transmission of EUV and Laser light. We are looking for a Function Integration Engineer (Semiconductor Equipment) supporting solution development and implementation on the product. The objective is to ensure design concepts can be developed to address the undesired Tin debris, and deliver robust product solutions. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with a hands-on technical background, excellent communication skills, and ability to influence others. As an Integration and Controls Engineer you will work with a team of highly professional engineers and scientists with diverse academic backgrounds and many years of experience. Your job is to provide technical input and support to the team to deliver practical solutions and ensure successful validation and implementation of these features on the product.The complexity of the EUV source puts exciting and challenging demands on the Integration and Control Engineer who will be engaged in all phases of the control systemdevelopment and integration involving high speed electronics, real-time embedded software, precision metrology and sophisticated control algorithms, all working under extremely challenging dynamic conditions to produce stable EUV light.
- Serve as a technical expert and/or team member for one or more control subsystems, capable of independent decision making for critical technical issues.
- Applies broad knowledge in sensors, actuators, control algorithms, software, and data analysis tools to drive control system improvements to enable continuously increased EUV power and system availability.
- Design and building of tools that allow debugging, analysis, and performance evaluation of control system performance.Leads the root cause analysis for control system failures in products for integration and fielded units during escalations.
- Integrates Tin Management system modules and components, develops documentation, executes tests, supports deployment, and provides technical support for EUV systems domestically and internationally
- Troubleshoots complex multidisciplinary issues
- Supports a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team in the design and development of modules to assure performance, operation, serviceability, and cost-of-ownership requirements
- Provides design and procedure support in a continuous product improvement effort leveraging feedback from customers, personal experience, and other field integration engineers
- Supports equipment design, performance validation and product documentation activities
- Participates in system level design reviews and provides feedback to ensure adherence to safety, process controls, and quality principles
- Assists with research and development prototype builds, testing, and evaluation efforts
- Develops test strategies and test plans. Executes testing and analyzes data to assess performance to specifications
- Oversees Integration activities of product modules delivered by projects outside of San Diego by closely coordinating with the key project stakeholders
- Uses ASML standard tools and methodologies to report, investigate and resolve technical problems in the design and validation phase
- Leads issue management to solution for Integration, Factory and Field system escalations
- Identifies metrology or performance gaps and leads design improvement effort with development team using data-driven feedback collected from the field or 1st article demonstration units
BS/MS Mechanical engineering or Physics (preferred) or equivalent with 4+ years’ experience
- Experience with process equipment design including gas and vacuum technologies, thermal management systems, and process control techniques
- Experience with Simulink highly desired
- Linear systems, control, signal processing, estimation and system identification postgraduate courses will be highly regarded
- Experience with Matlab and Python with databases interaction and corresponding analytical skills
- Experience with 3D modeling tools and engineering configuration management processes or tools
- Detail-oriented problem solver with initiative and responsibility to follow through
- Experience performing Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Understanding of the concept of large complex system integration and practices.
- Understanding of the concept of optics.
- Understanding of the concept of system controls.
- Excellent analytical skills and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, optical, and control sub systems.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications and drawings.
- Ability to set up and use the test and analytical equipment commonly used for the optics, laser and plasma research.
- Ability to translate the knowledge and hand-on experiences into technical instructions and procedures.
- Ability to translate the design and test requirements into comprehensive test plan documents and procedures.
- Ability to reduce large amounts of data, create a concise summary, and make a high quality presentation.
- Ability to develop or use analytical tools and perform time-domain and frequency-domain analyses.
- Ability to define and execute tasks based on project descriptions with minimum or no supervision.
- Plan activities and execute to schedules established by program
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with an understanding of customer relationship building in highly multi-cultural environment.
- Detail oriented, willing to travel, able to work in multi-cultural environment
- Versatile skill set and willing to perform hands on work in a lab environment
- Self-motivated with excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability