30+ days ago - req22259
Mechanical System Layout Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Optical engineering, Mechatronics
Please be aware this is not an active job opening, however - Recruitment & Hiring Managers are checking for suitable candidates for their actual job openings. If there is a job opening suitable to you identified, you will be pro-actively contacted and guided towards that job opening. Of course, you are free to apply to any other positions that catch your interest.
Define and validate the optimal layout of the mechanical system. Find creative solutions (together with system engineering and other stakeholders) such that the machine will meet both its performance and industrialization requirements. Secure that the ASML machine can be manufactured, build, transported, installed and serviced in an efficient and robust way. Do feasibility and concepts studies on new hardware that will be added to the systems.
- Perform mechanical system layout, volume, mass and tolerance studies and checks in order to find solutions for new functionality and module changes
- Specify mechanical budgets for projects together with layouters (volume files, mass specs, tolerance specs, etc.)
- Validate concept changes, prescribe and validate tests on these topics
- Act as an architect in the interaction with the projects
- Perform regular reviews with projects architects:
- Get agreement on mechanical system layout
- Identify and solve cross-project layout issues.
- Review project concept proposals on industrialization aspects (manufacturability, serviceability, modularity)
- Check and secure that these aspects can stay within their volume, mass and tolerance budget
- Cooperate with the factory, identify and drive improvements on integration (manufacturability & serviceability)
- Support factory & field in case of issues related to the layout of the mechanical system
Bachelor or Master degree in a Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years relevant working experience, preferably in complex industries like automotive, defense and aerospace
- Experience in validating and managing layout machines and industrialization of complex products
- Competent with requirements engineering
- Experience with tolerance calculations
- Knowledge of Siemens NX; preferably with volume files
- Helicopter view, can easily determine priorities and main risks
- Team player on all levels (other projects, system engineers, architects, management, factory engineers)
- Attitude to challenge others (get all risks and collateral damage on the table)
- Highly pro-active attitude in getting the information (thinks ahead, regular go to clean room, talk to people in projects)
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. You will be part of the Mechanical Layout (ML) project, which is amongst others responsible for the mechanical system architecture. The team doesn’t deliver hardware themselves, but has an overall responsibility during the whole V-cycle, that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way.
There are over 28,000 ASML employees on payroll and flexible contracts, spread across offices in more than 60 cities in 16 countries. The company’s headquarters, located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, comprises over half of all employees – over 14,000 people work there.
Find out more about ASML and link to information on our technology, products, and how we operate:
For a visual journey into the world of ASML, have a look at our YouTube channel:
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.
We aim to have your job application reviewed by Recruitment and the responsible Manager within a week’s time. You will be contacted by Recruitment on the outcome of this assessment.
Before you accept the job offer and commence on your onboarding journey, we typically aim to have two rounds of interviews in which you will speak with at least your future colleague, team lead and manager – followed by the (Talent Exploration) assessment and an interview with Human Resources.