23 days ago - req22238
Sourcing Lead Electronics
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you up to the challenge of joining our strategic sourcing team which operates in a highly complex, dynamic business environment? If so, then we should talk!
As a Sourcing Lead you will drive and execute supplier development as well as the commercial relationships with suppliers within a cluster of strategic suppliers.
- Co-develop vision and targets of supplier landscape by pursuing critical technology roadmap and product roadmap in collaboration with category manager while considering regional needs;
- Negotiate (NPI-) contracts and represent Sourcing in complex internal projects;
- Co-define and execute category strategy and strategic actions plans at suppliers.
- Manage day-to-day contact with strategic suppliers (including owning agenda of interactions) and track all communication for full transparency;
- Prepare and oversee supplier negotiations including tactics, spend base analysis, script, dry-run and orchestrating stakeholders involved as well as all contract details;
- Track and formalize (long-term) supplier performance by executing Supplier Profile reviews based on Quality, Technology, Logistics, Cost and Sustainability (QLTCS), identifying gaps, initiating improvement opportunities, developing mitigation measures, and executing Cost of Goods roadmap.
Formal decision making;
- Flag and resolve escalations in time with the category manager in collaboration with other sectors related to supplier performance;
- Head review meetings with the Supplier Account Team;
- Prepare meetings regarding make/buy decisions and supplier selections which can be reviewed up to Executive Management.
EducationGraduate degree in physics, engineering or other technical field preferred.
Minimally 5-10 years' work experience, ideally in strategic procurement in a technology intensive industry.
- Ability to identify and structure issues independently;
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills up to executive level;
- Strong vision of supplier landscape and technology roadmap;
- Strong supplier relationship skills; continuously, but constructively, demanding of suppliers’ performance;
- Ability to build a strong (internal) network;
- Quick to understand a team’s dynamic;
- Ability to get buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders;
- Willingness to “constructively dissent” and challenge management thinking on key purchasing issues;
- Accurate and able to maintain overview;
Context of the position
As a large-scale system integrator, ASML focuses on extensive outsourcing and integration of its supply chain. Approximately 90% of the manufacturing cost price is accounted for by purchased goods. Therefore, high level flexibility must be built into the supplier network. The Sourcing & Supply Chain Department creates, maintains and qualifies this global network and is responsible for all suppliers interaction. This enables the execution of the ASML Development, Production and Customer Support plans and operates according to the principles of Value Sourcing.
Interested? Please apply with CV and cover letter detailing your motivation to take on one of these roles.