30+ days ago - req22398
CS - Competency Engineer - Hsinchu
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Hermes Microvision Inc. (HMI), an ASML company, has been committed to the research and development of the most advanced E-beam Inspection (EBI) tools and solutions for the leading semiconductor manufacturing fabs
ASML is a high-tech fast growing Dutch company head-quartered near Eindhoven with local offices at our customers worldwide (e.g. Intel, IBM, Samsung) As market leader in the semiconductor industry ASML designs and manufactures complex lithographic systems. The customer service division consists of local offices at every customer site and a team of experts to support these local teams when complex technical problems are encountered.
The mission of CS SE Competency Engineer is to enable our service engineers in the field, to be successful in supporting our customers.
As an expert you will function as the technical interface between CS Local organizations and ASML Headquarters for the high-volume installed base.In this role you will be responsible for the completeness and the quality of all knowledge, tools and spare parts (=Service Mix) that are required to diagnose, repair and recover ASML ebeam systems installed in a customer fab.
You combine in-depth subsystem knowledge with field experience and the ability to consolidate this into worldwide best practices. Next to your CS field colleagues, you will interface with the Development & Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain sectors.
Your awareness of the environment in which your field service colleagues perform maintenance, enables you to identify and solve gaps in our service mix and to deliver end-user feedback in improvement projects in all corresponding.
In the ASML product life cycle you will have the following responsibilities:
- Performin-depth analysis of structural issues of the high-volume installed baseat our customer sites.
- Identifystructural improvements to the design of ASML products and estimate theirimpact on CS operation
- Identifystructural improvements to the Service Mix and implement them globally inCS
- Handshakeand validate Service Mix that is supplied with new products andfunctionalities by Development & Engineering while safeguarding theneeds for Fab Teams to be able to execute maintenance independently ofexternal support.
- Transferand maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the formof documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer.
Master degree in technical science (Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Chemistry, Aerospace Engineering, Process technology, etc.) or equivalent experience is desired.
Knowledge of ASML structural improvement process and project experienceson a specialized technical level isa preferred
- “Get things done” mentality
- Pro-active attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal abilities (Can relate wellto others, both colleagues and customers)
- Effective communicator in English (bothoral and written)
- Team player
- Stress resistant
Context of the position
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. CS Central takes care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.