27 days ago - req22320
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other corporate functions
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The EHS Compliance Specialist provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of ASML’s ISO 14001 Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Management System. This position provides technical assistance for the development and implementation of ASML’s safety and environmental strategies, including but not limited to air, water, waste, hazardous substance management, campus safety, contractor safety, sustainability and environmental management systems.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Support AMSL Wilton and ASML Corporate staff in the continuous improvement of the EHS Management System.
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs and procedures to assure compliance with the EHS Management System, and applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
- Assist in the development and presentation of training to ensure compliance with applicable EHS laws and regulations, including reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
- Assist in managing environmental sampling, data collection, reporting, and tracking of air emission requirements, Tier II, EPCRA Section 313, stormwater discharge, industrial wastewater discharge, waste management, pollution prevention, recycling, energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
- Assist with operation & maintenance of (2) onsite wastewater treatment systems.
- Assist in the implementation of new programs for water use reduction, energy use reduction and waste reduction initiatives as well as maintain and track current metrics.
- Conduct inspections and evaluate facilities to identify areas of concern and make recommendations for CTDEEP, OSHA, and EPA regulatory compliance.
- Assist in communication with Contractors regarding ASML EHS expectations and compliance requirements.
- Assist facilities and operations personnel in planning for compliance of new and modified processes and operations as a result of internal or external changes (management of change).
- Participate in incident investigations, reporting, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Participate in environmental and safety compliance assessments on ASML and contractor operations.
- Assist with annual auditing of waste disposal facilities (offsite TSDFs) utilized by ASML.
- Assist in the development and implementation of EHS orientation and training for newly hired personnel.
- Obtain, interpret, and communicate EHS regulations applicable to ASML operations.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards and demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with ASML operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required.Bachelors degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Health, or Safety related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial environmental/safety experience.
- Proficient skills and effective use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic working knowledge and understanding of Federal, State, and Local environmental, health and safety, regulations (e.g. OSHA, EPA, RCRA, SARA, CTDEEP, etc.).
- Working knowledge of various types of industrial equipment and processes (e.g. water and wastewater treatment systems, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, HVAC and exhaust ventilation systems, etc.) highly desirable.
- Ability to interface with other departments and outside contractors or regulatory agencies in an effective and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively multi-task; ability to prioritize under dynamic conditions.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills; “solutions oriented”.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability