23 days ago - req22335
Environmental Health & Safety Technician, 2nd Shift
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other corporate functions
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Operate and maintain site demineralization systems, and wastewater treatment systems.
- Collection of environmental samples, measurements, and data.
- Perform daily inspections, take daily readings, and perform maintenance, recording readings and findings in equipment logs.
- Inventory all chemicals and gases stored in facility, tracking and recording of chemicals and gases distributed throughout the facility.
- Deliver and distribute chemicals and gases, waste containers, and other EHS supplies and equipment throughout the facility, in support of site operations.
- Maintain chemical, gas, and waste storage areas to meet all regulatory standards.
- Collect hazardous and nonhazardous waste from satellite locations.
- Collect and separate scrap production materials for recycling.
- Perform regular inspections of waste storage and satellite accumulation areas, identify and help correct deficiencies regarding containers, labeling, and management practices.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the organization by complying with legal and environmental health and safety (EHS) requirements.
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies efficiently to accomplish job results.
- Have the ability to adjust to schedule changes required to support customer needs in a timely manner.
- Complete all required periodic training.
- Other relevant facility duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED.
- Some relevant college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years of industrial/workplace facility/chemical handling experience.
- Environmental training required; OSHA HAZWOPER, DOT HazMat, RCRA.
- Powered Industrial Truck, Wastewater Treatment Operator certification is a plus
- Proficient computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of various types of industrial equipment and processes (e.g. water and wastewater treatment systems, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, HVAC and exhaust ventilation systems, etc.) highly desirable.
- Ability to interact with other departments and outside contractors in an effective and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize under dynamic conditions.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills; “solutions oriented”.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to wear a clean room suit as necessary.
- Ability to climb ladders and lift and move materials of reasonable size and weight.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability