30+ days ago - req22386
Other corporate functions
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Facility management, Real Estate, Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The facility technician for the San Jose campus must be able to provide complex technical facilities support, including troubleshooting/problem solving for industrial and office building systems. Will work with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified equipment, processes, utilities, facilities controls and safety/security systems. The chosen individual will work well with limited guidance and within broad guidelines and technical standards.Must be a good communicator and savvy with MS office tools.
- Facilitate and organize maintenance work for onsite equipment to ensure performance of equipment and instrumentation to be used in all operations
- Coordinate and interact with suppliers/vendors for work and materials as it pertains to support activities within the facility
- Work with management team in establishing internal maintenance and inspection programs
- Review supplier documentation to ensure it meets ASML standards and conforms to corporate standards
- Perform periodic inspections of facilities and systems
- Assist in supporting and maintaining the site hazardous materials program: documentation and interfacing with hazardous materials contractor
- Coordinate and organize documentation for maintenance activities owned by facilities management
- Provide input and recommendations on cost-saving opportunities
- May act as subject matter expert on maintenance activities
- Perform projects individually or as part of a team
- Support activities in other departments as requested
Minimum of 5 years of experience in any combination of design, construction, commissioning, or maintenance of Mechanical or Chemical systems in a manufacturing (or equivalent) environment. Professional Engineering experience is preferred in industrial/commercial and or lab/R&D environments, with 2 years of experience in a supervision role.
- Minimum qualifications – the hired candidate must possess all of the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- Understanding of Building Management Systems (BMS) interfaces and devices, as well as familiarity with Automated Logic, Siemens controls, and similar controls systems.
- Extensive training in safety practices and able to assess tasks/situations to determine what equipment is needed and develop/communicate procedures necessary to accomplish a task while ensuring worker safety.
- Must be familiar with basic HVAC and electrical codes.
- Ability to consult manuals, read and interpret circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematics.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of the repair and maintenance of industrial HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Self-directed with the ability to be resourceful, plan and organize work.
- Provide good communication skills written and verbally.
- Displays positive attitudes and practices good work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy, and goals of the company.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office Suite specifically Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customers
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
May require travel (domestic and international) dependent on business needs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability