14 days ago - req22321
Lead Engineer Re-use Flow & Temperature
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. We can only do so by using the real strength of ASML, the employee. We are proud of who we are, of our achievements, how we accomplish these achievements.
Do you take the lead in driving multidisciplinary projects to successful delivery? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? Then we want to get in touch with you.
In the position of lead engineer you take together with the other team members responsibility for exploring and initiating re-use and waste reduction opportunities.
You are responsible for arranging and performing technical re-use assessments with FC owners and architects. Youanalyze module roadmaps, investigate and challenge the need for change and/or redesign of a module. Together with the team you analyze the work packages and requirements for the module projects to maximize re-use and minimize waste as a result of the intended changes. You align with the re-use PL’s, Function Owners and Function Architects.
You will generate learnings related to process, tooling, documentation and design guidelines within each project and support to embed them into the standing organization.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Together with your PL and the D&E core teams (MDEV, EDEV, MC, Optics) you execute re-use assessments for various projects in NPI and IBP&S
- You organize and execute technical assessments with the module teams and definition of re-use requirements
- Work intensively with manufacturing, suppliers and supply chain management to ensure pilot release testing of the proposed re-use opportunities and a smooth transition to volume production
- You interact with module designers and architects on technical content
- You create and capture the learnings and assist in embedding these into the ASML existing processes and GID’s
- You take part in triage support for re-use
- You assist in developing the way of working for Machine Conditioning re-use
- Align on your deliverables with the project plan time line
- Align on priorities, content and resources with your PL, architect and competence lead
- Analyze E&O and create E&O heatmap data and re-use savings to be used by the PL
Technical BSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- Solid technical background (both theoretical and practical) with heat and mass transfer phenomena and applications
- > 5 years of experience in developing, integrating and testing complex products in a multidisciplinary environment> 2 years of experience in leading a small to medium-sized team
- ASML experience is required
- Ability to plan your own work and set priorities
- Multi-disciplinary minded, with focus on Machine Conditioning modules and parts
- Excellent technical understanding of Machine Conditioning parts, functions and failure mechanisms
- Capable in dealing with resistance and influencing without power
- Self-assured, capable of convincing people
- Work pleasantly with people with differing backgrounds and in different departmental and geographical cultures; at various hierarchical levels
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense
- Strong communicator in English
- Pragmatic and a pro-active initiating attitude.
Context of the position
The D&E Machine Conditioning Re-use competence team is part of the D&E Machine Conditioning department and works for the cross sector re-use cluster in both DUV and EUV business lines. The mission of the re-use competence team is to:
- Accelerate learning on lifetime and failure modes of products, re-use processes and design guidelines to enable re-use
- Reduce cost within our operations
- Eliminate waste
To collectively contribute to ASML’s circular economy and sustainability goals.
You will report to the D&E MC Re-Use GL.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.