23 days ago - req22369
Mechanical Component Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you the accurate and communicative engineer who is driven by supporting design engineers and
other stakeholders in making the right choices while selecting mechanical vendor components for their
design? Are you willing to take ownership for a certain range of components, while assuring quality and a
technical fit? Are you challenged by being the linking pin between several ASML departments? If so, you
might be our new component engineer enforcing our engineering team..
An ASML machine contains many standardized mechanical components, of which the design is not
owned or controlled by ASML. Amongst these components basically 3 major subcategory are defined:
- Fluid Power components, such as fittings, tubes, pumps, purifiers, valves
- Fasteners & Adhesives, such bolts, rivets, screws, inserts, pins, glues, lubricants & chemicals
- Mechanical and optical components, like, linear and rotary motion, handles, brackets, caps,
plugs and several optical components, like mirrors, lenses, mounts
Based on your personal profile you will work on one of these subcategories, your job mission is to
investigate, qualify, release, monitor and advise on these components in order to secure the specific
requirements of ASML.
- You will be part of the mechanical component engineering team within ASML
- You will create and maintain the vendor components in the related databases, mainly responsible for a sub-category of components, however you will also learn from other component groups
- Based on your technical and social skills you are able to support project engineers in component
- You are able to investigate all relevant information and compare the component specifications with
both the requirements coming from a certain design, as well as with our general ASML requirements
- You are able to present your findings to different levels in the organization
- You are able to perform under changing priorities with a high frequency of interrupts as well as being
creative in finding solutions
- You operate as a linking pin in NPI processes within the ASML organization and the associated
manufacturers where you lead the technical activities and communication with the manufacturer
- You support the End-of-life teams while assessing alternative solutions for components that are not produced or supplied anymore
Bachelor in Mechanical engineering or similar technical education.
- Experience in the field of standardization and/or mechanical product engineering
- Experience in communication with different level of stakeholders across organizations
- Preferably 2-5 years of working experience in a technical company
- Some working experience within the automotive industry or aerospace industry is a plus
- You communicate very well in English and have good human relations skills
- You are able to fit in the open multicultural environment of ASML
- You are familiar with computer applications and you learn quickly about new ones
- You are very accurate and you have an attention to details
- You are willing to educate yourself in all required fields and keep your knowledge up to date
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development Engineering (DE) the Component Engineering department provides
the worldwide ASML community a well-maintained library of mechanical components according the ASML
QLTC standards and helps in selecting, qualifying, and releasing of mechanical components during new
product introductions, in order to make effectively use of these released components in our ASML
systems for long term.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.