30+ days ago - req22309
Principle Architect Laser Light Generation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Optical engineering
Would you like to understand and improve a complex > 25kW laser amplification system? Do you have a creative way of thinking and do you like to be challenged technically and personally in a dynamic environment? If so then you will enjoy working in our EUV Source Laser department! It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth
As an Architect you are driving a multidisciplinary product development team (optical, thermal, mechanical, electrical, software and industrialization) that designs and improves theamplification chain in the EUV Source. Make it easy to diagnose,simple to build, stable, reliable, and when needed fast to repair.
In this process you will be involved in starting and conducting feasibility studies. These will be both model and experiment based. The next step is specification and design and it ends with realization and integration. During all these intermediate steps you will be cooperating with other disciplines and suppliers. It is expected that you will attend or chair several meetings to discuss design aspects, analyze system problems, and support and plan issue resolution with peers. You will be able to present your findings and your results to management. Finally you get the chance and you are encouraged to integrate with the dynamic and diverse ASML community. Besides this, you will interact daily with a community of 4,000 like-minded professionals.
- You are technically responsible for the multidisciplinary team that works on the source laser.
- You work productively with both junior and senior subject matter experts
- Define solution directions for main challenges related to the source laser
- Translate system requirements to budgets for modules within the source laser, and make sure the design process is followed.
- Develop a long term vision and contribute tothe roadmap.
- Give inputs to interfacing projects
- Assist in analyzing complex system phenomena related to the optical beam path
- Participate in customer issue solving
Minimal: Master Degree in Optics or (Laser) Physics
Minimal: 10-15 year industry experience in multi-disciplinary development of high end / high power laser systems
- Ability to create overview and understanding the operation principle of the complex optical system
- Well-disciplined in all aspects of the design process
- Drive decisions, while keeping aligned in a complex stakeholder field
- Good analytical skills and capable of bringing together complex work
- Good (English) communication skills in technical and managerial interactions.
- Team player, amplifies /makes effective use of the creativity and problem solving power in the team.
- Create, Pragmatic, self-propelling and can-do mentality