30+ days ago - req22379
Senior Manager Wage Tax
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Together with her customers and suppliers ASML is heading towards an interesting and challenging era growing today’s company into and beyond 20bE company. Are you the person that wants to be part this challenge? Are you able to assess business demands against wage tax regulations? Areyou the person who is not only an expert in wage tax legislation, but is also capable to assess related business risks and define controls that can be shared with stakeholders? Why not join us?
The job mission of the Senior Manager Wage Tax is to execute and ensure wage tax compliance with a strategical and tactical focus, while pro-actively supporting ASML and its business partners in the Netherlands and the various jurisdictions.
The position of Senior Manager Wage Tax is a newly created role in the Tax and Customs team. Wage tax - as expertise area – will be taken up as accountability area by the Tax & Customs team. This accountability for wage tax is currently different organized, involving 3 departments: GES/EFS (Employee Financial Services), Tax & Customs and HR.
You will have a global responsibility for wage taxes (and local equivalents). This will require close cooperation with the various regional tax teams (EMEA, APAC and NASA) and other departments.
- Managing Wage Tax Control Framework (monitoring, testing, reviewing controls); Ensure pro-active tax risk identification in the area of wage tax (or local equivalents) and mitigate such risk through knowledge of the business facts in combination with the tax rules and regulations in the jurisdictions ASML operates in, and advice and convince the business to adopt the proposed tax mitigating structures and measures.
- Ensuring worldwide tax compliance, in line with Global Tax Strategy, in order to achieve timely, correct and complete compliance and supported by a Tax Control Framework.
- Coordinating Wage Tax Audits and ensure settlement of differences with taxing authorities through compromise, where appropriate and possible, while maintaining a good and open relationship with the taxing authorities weighing the achievable outcome of these negotiations with ASML’s interest. Alternatively ensure settlement of controversies through courts of law, including high or supreme courts if necessary.
- Developing the maturity level of the wage tax compliance area in the following areas: (i) managing regulatory requirements, (ii) defining the compliance requirements and policies, (iii) implementation via controls, process and systems, (iv) communication, awareness and training and (v) execution, monitoring and reporting.
- Developing close collaboration with GES/EFS (Employee Financial Services) and HR teams to ensure and support wage tax compliance.
- Leading Wage Tax Projects and participating in other projects and participate in improvement and change projects as subject matter expert, representing the Wage Tax team.
- Providing training /sharing insights and wage Tax knowledge with others. Offering support with day-to-day questions on wage tax related matters.
You have an Academic background (MSc) in Tax Law, Fiscal Economics, or similar.
You have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in wage tax within a multinational, law firm or a consulting company and broad experience in wage tax related matter in Netherlands,Europe, US and APAC.
You are a team player and you have experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and in multi-cultural teams and understand how the wage tax function is managed in multinational companies.
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style (solution driven).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and drive others, build relationships and influence other functional areas.
- Ability to function well in a multicultural, dynamic and complex environment, experience with Asian cultures is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions.
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines.
- Ownership of issues from start to finalization.
- Eye for detail.
- Strong Microsoft Tool skills (Excel/PowerPoint/Word) is preferred.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, other languages are an advantage.
Context of the position
In your role as Wage Tax Manager you are part of a team of direct tax, indirect tax, export control and customs professionals in an international environment and a presence on three continents. Wage tax compliance is not only essential, but compliance is considered to be one of the core values within ASML.
The position is based in Veldhoven, at the corporate headquarters of ASML. International travel may be required on a “if needed” basis and is not expected to exceed 10%.
Please submit your CV and cover letter stating your motivation to apply for this role at ASML in order to be considered for the position.