8 days ago - req22439
Design Engineer - EUV Surface & Photochemistry
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science, Physics
Do you enjoy teamwork, solving problems using creative thinking in the field of contamination control and prevention of optical degradation? If so, you will enjoy ASML and especially the EUV Optics Lifetime team. You will need to be a true self-starter, making contacts with different disciplines at different levels and convincing peers and stakeholders to follow your technical lead. It’s a great opportunity for further professional development and personal growth.
Our EUV Optics Lifetime group aims to achieve optimal and reliable EUV system performance by predicting and securing EUV optics lifetime, through contamination control and degradation prevention. As part of a team that provides the specification and delivery of integrated EUV system solutions, you will be the “right hand” partner and advisor to the System Engineers. On the one hand, you will be challenged to translate EUV system and customer application requirements into design proposals to secure optimal transmission of the EUV optics over lifetime of the systems. On the other hand, you are required to validate system performance by (offline) testing and modelling. During the system integration phase you will need to combine your creative problem-solving abilities with analytical thinking and an assertive attitude. This will drive development of innovative solutions that work around, break through and/or solve disturbances quickly, without impacting on projected performance budgets and delivery times. To achieve these solutions you will need to prioritize and set your own goals.
- To provide system design guidance for lifetime and performance validation of EUV optics and its sub-systems
- To drive optimization of the lifetime of EUV optics
- To provide means and methods to diagnose and prevent EUV optics contamination and degradation (incl. specifying, designing and realizing dedicated test setups)
- To deliver customized solutions that address specific customer usage problems in its own fab set-up and application,which could involve travel to our customers
- Clearly communicate and align with relevant stake holders
MSc or PhD, preferablyin (Physical) chemistry, Material Science or similar
- Relevant experience and knowledge molecular contamination control and modelling in an industrial environment
- Relevant experience and knowledge in mitigating key opticaldegradation and contamination mechanisms
- Experience in experimental physics or chemistry (related to plasma-material interactions or thin film deposition)
- Experience with data analysis and modeling (preferably with Matlab or Python)
- Experience with surface analysis techniques
- Experience in setting up a technology roadmap on product business driver level and performance is a benefit
- Prior knowledge in the related to EUV systems such as vacuum systems, EUV optics or imaging is a benefit
- Team player, ability to interact with intercultural teams
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive
- Flexible, result driven and committed
- Able to break down a large problem into manageable components
- Problem solver that combines a strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude
- You are eager to learn, not afraid to take responsibility and are able to step into the mind of a customer
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English
Context of the position
The design engineer of Optics Lifetime reports to the group Optics Lifetime, and is contributing to multidisciplinary projects. The group’s mission is to protect, predict and validate the transmission of all EUV optical surfaces and coatings of the EUV system over lifetime.
- We drive system design requirements to protect and clean EUV optical surfaces and coatings
- We develop knowledge and models (scaling laws) to predict and prevent EUV (plasma) driven contamination and (coating) degradation mechanisms
- We provide means and methods for full lifetime validation and EUV (plasma) qualification
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.