23 days ago - req22408
Design Engineer for Product Development of Wafer Fab Applications
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
We are Business Line Applications within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create application products hand in hand with our advanced scanner systems that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
The Applications Development & Engineering department develops, integrates, and qualifies functional modules and application packages in the area of wafer metrology (critical dimension and overlay) and wafer fab applications (performance control applications). Additionally we provide technical consulting to our customers, by designing and helping to implement integral solutions for on-product performance based on the products developed by ASML.
As member of a strong multidisciplinary team you enjoy developing application products used in daily customer practice. These products deal with monitoring and control of on-product overlay performance under high-volume manufacturing conditions.
You will transform ideas into prototype product features, design and verify working principles in the early stage of product development, and improve products features during product implementation phase.
You deal with various challenging topics, covering a wide variety of solutions such as scanner setup and usage, choices in wafer alignment and process control strategies, alignment- and overlay-mark choice and design, mask and wafer routing, and process optimization.
You are expected to represent ASML as an expert in the field and to get recognition of this by the customers. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to give input to product managers and system engineers for ASML product improvements.
- Participate actively in identifying future product features, through collaboration with customers, our development partners, and internal stakeholders
- Perform feasibility studies for required improvements by conducting experiments, running simulations, and performing data analysis with models and algorithms on customer data
- Create prototype functions and models to support such feasibility studies yourself or share them for use in customer projects
- Create functional requirements and detailed design of the product
- Interact with specialist software designers to support implementation of solutions for on-product overlay monitoring, control and improvements into application products in Agile scrum way of working
- Integrate and test functions in the final product against specifications
- Collaborate with Customer Support to roll out the functionality, gather feedback of improvement and participate in brainstorming in case of escalation
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in your field of expertise
- Generate patents protecting ASML products
PhD or M.Sc./M.Eng. in Electrical Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Computer science, Physics, Imaging science, Mechanics or equivalent experience
- Experience in an industrial development or process control organization
- Solid background in the majority of the following fields: statistics, data analysis, control theory, design for experiment
- Experience designing algorithms and functional models
- Intermediate / advanced software programming skills for modeling and data analysis (for example with MATLAB or Python)
- Experience with functional specification and integration
- Experience within the semiconductor industry and/or lithography is highly desirable, but not a must
Your initial responsibilities will be adapted to your experience level. In case of little experience, adequate training will be provided for enabling development to senior engineer level.
- You should be analytical, product and quality-oriented.
- You like to investigate issues, you are creative in solving problems and you do not fear to present your solutions.
- You are open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You take ownership and you support your team, you are the backbone of your group.
- Ability to explain complex physical models and algorithms in a crisp way, without omitting the essentials.
- Drive creative solutions with the product and customer in mind.
- Decisive and self-initiating in an ambiguous environment.
- Pragmatic approach and pro-active attitude, with result focus and a 'can do' spirit.
Context of the position
The holder of this position reports to the AD DE On-Product Performance - Process Window Control - Overlay Control group manager, interacts with a Product Owner / Scrum Master and operates within multi-disciplinary engineering teams.