25 days ago - req22458
Field Service Engineer - PAS platform - based in Bernin, France
In a nutshell
Mechatronics, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. We provide chipmakers with everything they need – hardware, software and services – to mass produce patterns on silicon through lithography.
Are you challenged by complex technical products and realizing improvement processes in a customer service environment? Are you able to analyze and understand failure modes of technical parts and determine possible root causes together with a team of technical experts? Do you have a quality mind-set? Do you like hands-on mechatronics troubleshooting? If so, then a job as Field Service Engineer within ASML Business Line Mature Products Services (MPS) team may be right for you!
Job MissionThe Field Service Engineer is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and for the necessary transfer of knowledge to the customer.
- Install equipment at customer’s locations, including new equipment, upgrades and system relocations on PAS platform.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs. Work with co-workers, customer and technical support in isolating and solving problems.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and prevent problems.
- Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Train customers in use and routine maintenance of equipment. Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties which include procedure changes, pass-downs, work orders and field service, system problem and monthly reports.
- Independently and accurately prepare written technical reports.
- Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML personnel as necessary.
EducationAn Associate degree (/post-secondary vocational education/MBO) or Bachelor degree in Mechatronics is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in a hands-on technical engineering job (e.g. as a Field Service Engineer, Customer Support Engineer, Maintenance Technician or Repair Technician);
- Experience working as a traveling Engineer is a plus;
- Strong customer focus and commitment to Customer Satisfaction;
- Experience working according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines;
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data analysis tools, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software;
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy;
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Solid service, process, project and change management skills;
- Strong technical background with a drive towards solutions;
- Problem analysis skills;
- Excellent professional communication in English, being fluent in French is a big plus;
- Pro-active and a strong drive for results;
- Zero defect quality mindset;
- Flexible and able to work in changing environments (no 9-5 mentality);
- Strong influencing skills (able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization - influencing without power);
- Act under high pressure ;
- Affinity with logistic processes .
Context of the position
- The position is for a job based in Bernin, France. In case you do not live nearby, you are willing to relocate to the area;
- The position will be part of Business Line Mature Products Services (BL MPS) department that is responsible for the entire installed base of steppers and scanners;
- The position will require to travel and work at customer premises within the country and abroad to provide the necessary support and maintenance to clients of ASML. It may also require to do shift work;
- The position will require frequent travel, estimation 65% of the working time. Usually the travel will last from 1 (being the most common) to 3 weeks and will be mainly within (but not limited to) Europe.
Please provide a CV and a personalized motivation letter in the English language when applying for this role.