25 days ago - req22418
Group Manager Service Lab Engineering
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Would you like to lead a group of highly skilled engineers and are you able to inspire them to challenge the status quo? Then we might be looking for you!
Job MissionWould you like to play a key role in improving the Service Lab while closely working together with TF (TWINSCAN Factory), EF (EUV Factory), D&E (Development & Engineering) and CS (Customer Support).
This vacancy is within the group TF ShS (Shared Services) Service Lab Engineering and main task is to manage and coach the Engineers who are responsible for the new product introductions and release for volume for Operations & Technical Support while working closely with our Customers the TWINSCAN and EUV factory, D&E and Customer Support. The Group Leader is expected to lead by example and to work and participate in all competences of the engineers. In the Service Lab wafers and reticles are prepared for exposure, processed after exposure, measured and recycled and the mission is to deliver wafers and reticles on time with the right quality to our Customers. The Service Lab also supports D&E in the development of pellicles.
- Responsible for Service Lab Engineering and lead a group of 10-15 BSc and MSc competence based applications engineers;
- Drive team to have a smooth running lab and facility that meets the Service Lab target requirements for Mission, Vision, Focus Areas, Costs (OPEX, CAPEX, YoY 5% reduction) and Performance;
- Manages and coaches the engineers, ensure engagement level and assures required amount and quality of resources. Setting up organizational vision, KPI’s and goals, executes HR&O activities;
- Secures required resources in equipment, people, and consumables for required output (in quantity and quality). Includes day to day operational management, as midterm and long-term (roadmap) forecasting;
- Keep close connection with the shop floor (daily basis) to meet your customer and transfer its needs towards your team; Observe day to day execution and performance of the engineers, and initiates improvements internally within own environment and/or with support of Operations and/or Technical Support;
- Connect and work closely together with the internal Customers the TWINSCAN and EUV factory, D&E and Customer Support and drive for long term structural solutions, especially in design (if needed) with D&E;
- Independently identify and manage challenging structural improvement projects in cooperation with Operations and Technical Support which have a direct benefit to the Service Lab and ASML;
- Independently and immediately react on facility, operational and/or equipment escalations and maintain clear communication;
- Identifies possible/actual bottlenecks in Service Lab. Acts and communicates on situations with appropriate urgency and in a pragmatic way. Responsible for solving issues and preventing reoccurrence. Learn from escalations and implement methods to prevent future occurrences;
- Cooperates together with the other Group Leaders in the Service Lab organization.
At least a MSc. degree in:
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Chemistry & Material Science;
- Physics (optical engineering);
- Electrical Engineering (signal processing / optical fibers).
- Preferably 5~10 years ASML and/or Applications experience;
- Experience as a people manager;
- Experience with manufacturing processes in a high tech (preferably lithography industry) environment;
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing;
- Experience with project management;
- Broad technical and business knowledge.
- Analytical and structural, service oriented, entrepreneur;
- Knowledge of manufacturing and wafer processing, reticles & metrology is a preference;
- Firm personality, able to communicate on different levels;
- Team player, people manager, pragmatic, flexible, persistent, customer focus, good communication and networking skills, fluent in Dutch and English.
Context of the position
The sector TWINSCAN Factory is responsible for the production of Lithography systems, new and refurbished. Within TF ShS Service Lab, the department introduces new products and corresponding processes from development into (Volume) and continuously adapts and optimizes the production and installation processes and provides support in connection with the organization.
This is in day shift.