18 days ago - req2243
Handling and Transport designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Join our H&T team today! Become a specialist in transport, assembly and lifting of high end machine parts and modules. This delicate job is covering everything that is required from the first assembly of the machine in the cleanroom in Veldhoven, all the way to installation, servicing and upgrading our machines at customer plants all over the world.
As a specialist you will be responsible for the design of lift and transport tooling within an international multicultural team. The following is part of your daily tasks:
- Definition of lifting and transport tools for safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective transport and installation of ASML systems and modules;
- Work within a team of engineers and co developers to create designs, documentation and hardware;
- Translate high level specifications into feasible tooling specifications (concept design, choice of existing or new dedicated or universal tools, volume constraints, swap paths, inter modular interfaces, factory layout and constraints, costs, cycle time, hardware need dates);
- Perform and guide risk analysis sessions;
- Farm out development of tools to co-developers and manage changes and refinements in specification as well as working to receive 'first time right' designs.
Bachelor/ Masters degree in mechanical engineering.
- Lift tooling design and risk assessment experience is preferred;
- Be able to read, understand and interpret complex English documents, such as legislation and standards;
- 3D modeling experience, preferable Siemens NX and teamcenter;
- Mechanics skills: static design forces/strength/stability/kinematic contraints, execute and verify hand calculations and FEM calculations;
- Be able to create high level concept designs and find solutions for conflicting requirements.
- Critical thinker;
- A safety mindset;
- Helicopter view without losing the in depth details;
- Co-operative team player;
- Take initiative;
- Structural; ability to create structure with inputs from multiple directions;
- Assertive, able to found and defend a point of view;
- Influence without power.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Internal reference: #LI-RO1