27 days ago - req22427
Optics/Physics Design Engineer Illumination
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Optical engineering, Physics
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating, with strong support of our suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
We are looking for a design engineer who takes the challenge to design, test and integrate, together with the project team, the illumination function into our high NA EUV scanners. You will be part of the EUV Illumination group responsible to transfer the EUV light onto the reticle image in the EUV scanners by means of advanced optical manipulations and corrections.
As design engineer for high NA in the EUV Illumination group you will be responsible for the design, integration and qualification of the illumination solutions for the high NA Illuminators. You will work in a fast paced and multidisciplinary environment as part of the high NAproject team. Besides the technical aspects of the design also has aspects related to costs, reliability, availability and serviceability.
Your responsibility is to take one of the project deliverables and drive that towards completion. This includes documentation, implementation, qualification & integration as well as issue handling and support the team on customer specific requests. In order to fulfill this role you need to align within in the team on technical aspects, scope, planning and progress. Also you need to collaborate with different competences and sectors (systems engineering, marketing and customer support) within ASML. Using your technical knowledge, analytical thinking and people skills you will work closely together with the project team and interfacing projects and sectors.
- Contribute, in a team, to the development the Illumination solutions for the high NA Illu modules
- Specify, design, support implementation, qualify and integrate new optical functionality
- Contribute to interaction with systems engineering, marketing and customers
- Contribute to keeping the specification within the budgets as provided by SE
- Contribute to generation and maintenance of proofbook data and machine performance overviews and
support trouble shooting and escalations
MSc or PhD in physics or optics.
Experience (>3 years) in a multidisciplinary environment related to design and integration of complex systems is needed, preferably with a focus on / clear contributions to optical systems and applications of optical systems.
- Ability to think on a functional level and in design details.
- Ability to integrate and troubleshoot functions in complex systems.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion.
- Team player with ability to build network towards other parts of the ASML organization.
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive.
- Flexible, result driven and committed.
- Good analytical skills and drive for quality.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the projection, illumination, dose control, and EUV light collection functions for EUV. The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure these deliveries in all the different product phases. The holder of this position is reporting to the ED EUV DE OC Illumination Group Leader.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.