27 days ago - req22404
Senior Design Engineer Source & Mask Optimization
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Optical engineering, Physics
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a member of the Source-Mask Optimization R&D team, the job entails large-scale C++ and Python software development that co-optimizes the light source, lenses and mirrors, and dose and focus settings within the ASML family of XT, NXT, and NXE scanners, as well as the photomask patterns, their sub-resolution assist features, and their target design. The job requires an understanding of the optical physics and photoresist chemistry, modern optimization and machine learning algorithms, and/or C++/Python software design.
The job’s primary responsibilities include the modeling of complex optical phenomena in ASML photolithography scanners and the optimization of scanner configuration and photomask layout to:
- enable the continuing shrink of semiconductor devices through resolution enhancement
- match the imaging performance across a fleet of scanners
- assist in future scanner design
Ph.D. or M.S. in Physics, Physical Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or related areas.
- Three or more years of experience in C++, Python, or other Object-Oriented software development
- Solid understanding in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Knowledge of Optics, Semiconductor Lithography, and IC design
- Experience in developing and debugging Multi-threaded/Parallel applications
- Experience in Scientific Simulation, Numerical Methods, Image Processing, Optimization, Computational Geometry, Machine Learning, Data Sciences is a good plus
- Familiar with UNIX environment and Scripting languages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive with a strong sense of ownership
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability