4 days ago - req22593
Cluster Quality Manager
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechanical engineering, Physics
IntroductionIn this role you will be responsible for defining and driving the quality roadmap for ASML. This position requires stakeholder management throughout multiple layers of the organization in order to get quality structurally on the agenda. In other words: Can you implement your vision on quality management, act as business partner for the management team and gradually progress on quality programs towards tangible quality improvements of Cluster products?
As a Cluster quality manager within our Development & Engineering (D&E) sector you take responsibility for the definition, alignment and execution of the Quality strategy and roadmap. In this role you will be a linking pin between the management team and the execution of Quality improvement plans via your team of Quality managers and engineers.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Formulates, leads and implements guidelines and procedures for cluster/ Quality discipline and contributes to formulation of strategy as member of the Cluster Management Team.
- Recognized by others as authority in QualityManagement who conveys theories and practices of the professional field to other experts and non-experts
- Advises based on understanding the business and business objectives regarding Quality and liaises with strategic stakeholders
- Ensures that all products to be released comply with requirements, conditions and enablers in the Business
- Leads and manages the Cluster Quality resources hierarchically (Quality Manager(s) and Quality Engineer(s) in the department) and functionally the SQE (Supplier Quality Engineering) community to ensure Product Quality is ensured
- Acts as a (Sr.) business partner and drives Quality as a differentiator
- Translates customer needs into relevant actions and standards
- Drives teamwork across all sectors from supplier to customer and ensures simple and effective processes
- Drives the development, modification and execution of company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Challenges issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives, goes to the Gemba
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
Master degree in Applied Physics, Electrical / Mechanical / Mechatronic Engineering or (technical) Quality management.
- >13 years of wide-ranging experience
- >5 Experience insetting up quality standards in complex organizations
- >5 years experience indriving and executing quality plans on strategic level into tangible results.
- Proven track record in building and leading a quality organization and Influencingsenior stakeholders without direct authority.
- Distinguished by additional specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth, as well as record of success in Quality area. Viewed as an expert in the field.
- Experienced people manager having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Experience in setting up quality standards in complex organizations
- Proven experience in effective change management.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, ability to manage complex relationships between various professional disciplines, levels and departments.
- Strong leadership skills, able to collaborate across all levels of the organization with an open attitude.
- Excellent ability to manage change with the ability to overcome resistance and persist in achieving mission.
- Strong communication skills, good listener, with the ability to present information verbally and in written format.
- Self-propelling - learning & (Quality) improvement mindset and change management.
- Hands-on mentality to get the job done.
- Drive for continuous improvement; making use of the lessons learned.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
Our mission is to support and strengthen technology development by ensuring and improving Quality Control, reducing risks, driving Improvement and Assurance providing insight on D&E processes and deliverables with a predictable outcome. With a continuous growing demand for faster delivery of latest technology, good Quality and reliability becomes more and more challenging. This means that our processes must become more effective and efficient. We do this by monitoring and driving success pro-actively ensuring product Quality (Quality control), securing process adherence and implement lessons learned (Quality assurance) and continuously improve our WoW (Quality improvement).
This can be translated to:
- First time right
- Zero defects
- No repeats
Other informationOur selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers
information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career
ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there
is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Note that resume and application letter need to be in English.