14 days ago - req22588
Controller Customer Contracts
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
The Controller Customer Contracts is responsible for making the accounting translation of our global customer contracts including scenario analysis for commercial, consolidated and statutory purposes. The position is the linking-pin between the local business controllers and the central revenue accounting, analysis and reporting department of ASML. It is a challenging position in a hectic, dynamic and international oriented environment with tight deadlines and direct impact on ASML’s financial results. A position with many growth opportunities within ASML.
The focus in this position is twofold. Firstly supporting the sales deal structuring team as well as the Business Line controllers with the accounting angle to the scenario analysis before deal closure. Secondly ensuring the accounting translation of the global customer contracts throughout the contract lifecycle into our books which is input for the Global Enabling Services – Record to Report team who will account for the sales transactions.
- Ensure proper and timely execution of scenario analysis to the sales deal structuring team and Business Line controllers for global customer contracts mainly related to Systems and Option sales;
- Reviewing and interpretation of customer contracts to ensure compliance with US GAAP and IFRS revenue recognition guidance (ASC606 / IFRS15);
- Work with Sales management, Business Control, Accounting Experts, Legal, Customs, Tax and Treasury before contract closure;
- Liaise with Global Enabling Services – Market to Cash, Record-to-Report, Operations, Sales, Business Control and the Business Lines throughout the execution of the contract to ensure proper translation into accounting view;
- Provide ad-hoc support for accounting related questions from our Sales Account managers and/or Business Controllers;
- Proactively seek for continuous improvements in the execution of activities, improving efficiency and quality;
- Adding quality and value to information by providing solid analysis and scenarios.
Academic degree in Finance and/or Business Economics. RA degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 Years of relevant experience, preferably at one of the big 4 audit firms;
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS revenue recognition guidance;
- Experience/knowledge of data analytics is an advantage.
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural understanding
- Committed and flexible (go the extra mile)
- Fluent in English
- Professional and ambitious attitude
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communicative skills
- Proactive / hands-on attitude
- Has integrity and is compliance-minded
- Strives for continuous improvement
Context of the position
The ASML Finance Mission Statement is as follows:
Add value to ASML by supporting our company’s business and driving financial performance on a world class level.
To achieve this, we will:
- Act as a recognized business partner by supporting decisions on all levels by guiding on and deploying of cross sector, operational measures and processes;
- Protect the business by securing corporate governance,integrity and risk mitigation;
- Realize cost effective transactional and financial processes on a global scale;
- Maintain a learning environment where people can grow and challenge each other with high commitment, the right flexibility and continuous improvement in mind.
The Customer Value Analytics team is part of the Data and Analytics team within ASML Finance. The Controller Customer Contract reports to the Senior Manager Customer Value Analytics. He/she interacts with various departments and layers in and outside of finance.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.