16 days ago - req22594
Sub-Project Lead/Main Deliverable Owner for Mechatronics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Our Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) department is looking for a Main Deliverable Owner (MDO) to lead and support multidisciplinary projects. Do you have at least 5 years of experience working with mechatronic design? Do you have experience acting as a team lead or a project lead? Are you eager to step into your next challenge? Then this role might be for you!
As a Main Deliverable Owner (MDO), you will manage a group of 8 to 10 highly professional engineers with multidisciplinary academic backgrounds and many years’ experience in the industry. In this position you and your team take responsibility for the development of the mechatronic architecture of modules, such as Projection Optics Box (POB). You are driving a team from
specification through system integration and towards release for volume.
You will be responsible for the delivery of a mechatronic system or function in our product, on time, within budget and with the agreed quality. Multiple technical disciplines work in your team in a concurrent engineering way. You will use teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance.
- Take operational responsibility within the projects. Step in when necessary.
- Create and maintain team plan, with work breakdown and planning, including staffing and budget.
- Manage the delivery of specifications, designs, prototypes and test plans in your team that meet the requirements of project. Define deliverables to engineers.
- Review technical proposals, manage time, quality and budget as well as the risks and issues in your team.
- Drive integration and ensure test time. Escalate if needed.
- Interaction with project leaders, farm-out and suppliers on technical content and with group leaders on allocation of people to your project.
- Interface towards other teams and sectors.
- Set up a project organization and assist the Group Manager in appraisals, recruitment and farm-out.
Technical University Masters/PhD in Mechanical engineering, Control, Dynamics, Electrical engineering or Applied Physics.
- At least 5 years of experience with mechatronic design is required, preferably within ASML or in related high tech industry.
- Solid technical background (both theoretical and practical) in one or more of the following disciplines: mechatronics, mechanics or electronics.
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments.
- Experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software as team lead or project lead is a pre.
- Experience in organizing integrating of complex modules is a pre.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is a team player, highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, and a good communicator
- Is able to think and act on a strategic level.
- Is supportive, constructive, protective towards the people in your team.
- Is clear, precise and tough towards stakeholders that need deliveries from the team.
- Is able to convince others of your ideas.
- Thinks broad, learns fast, takes responsibility, decisive and shows critical sense.
- Leads and works with a multidisciplinary team, give direction and motivate
- Has strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Gets energy to organize the impossible.
- Is fluent in English language. German is a plus.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to a mechatronic project lead and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics subsystems, functions and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on
nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
Please, make sure to provide your most recent CV and a cover letter for this position.