5 days ago - req22688
IT – Product Owner Infrastructure
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations over the whole world.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. Since this year, ASML works according to the SAFe Agile methodology.
The Product Owner (PO) is responsible for the team’s products and services. The PO defines and prioritizes work for the team in the form of stories and aligns with various stakeholders, both within IT as well as ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) department, to maximize the team’s value for the organization.
- End-to-end ownership of team deliverables; the team is responsible for the delivery;
- Alignment with stakeholders and the System Architect on team deliverables;
- Slice the work into smaller valuable pieces in close collaboration with the System Architect, Scrum Master and the team;
- Balancing ASML priorities on team level: roadmap, program deliverables;
- Communicates and sets the priorities of the team backlog and ensures the scrum team understands why it is important for ASML;
- Teaming up with other Product Owners to align on priorities of the Agile Release Train (ART) and team backlog;
- Prepares the team backlog for the upcoming sprint and ensures it is properly prioritized for the next iterations;
- Quality product wise (acceptance as customer); facilitates the evaluation and acceptance of the sprint deliverables;
- Works with the Chief Product Owner to understand priorities for the next Program Increment (PI), prepares the team backlog for PI planning and breaks down the larger work items into small ones;
- Ensures that backlog items have requirements, acceptance criteria and ensures that the scrum team understands them;
- Reporting to Team Lead, operationally to Chief Product Owner and Epic Owners.
HBO+ or Academic level education
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within IT;
- Knowledge of/Familiar with Agile, SAFe (5.0), Scrum;
- Familiar with/knowledge of automation tools, such as Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Rundeck, Jenkins, Packer, Rancher/Kubernetes and Azure/GCP;
- You have good understanding of basic infrastructure elements, such as networking (switches, firewalls, load balancing, DNS, DHCP), server infrastructure (mostly Linux based), virtualization, Directory Services, database and storage solutions;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English);
- Strong documenting capabilities.
- Minimal Viable Product mindset;
- Balance business context, technical excellence and effort;
- Analytical, precise, tenacious, autonomous;
- Act as the voice of the customer and communicate why deliverables are important; Be the linking pin between the business context of the deliverables and the execution of them;
- Sound decision making to give direction to the scrum team;
- Contribute to refinement of the work items;
- Say NO when required to ensure focus is kept and keep the teams from getting distracted;
- Challenge the team in view of the Agile key performance indicators towards greater efficiency.
Context of the position
The Competence Center Engineering IT Services is a sub-department within the IT organization. This department is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for ASML’s development and engineering departments. Within this competence center there are multiple solution teams.
The Product Owner will be active in Engineering IT Services - Software. The engineering IT Services – Software team (EIS-SW) is responsible for the complete software development environment that is used by more than 4000 product software developers within ASML.
This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software. The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community. Key challenge is on one hand to have a state of the art environment to support the newest product development and on the other hand safeguard the stability and reliability and long term support for the growing installed product base at our customers. The EIS - SW team is in transition toward an Agile (SAFe) set up. There are more than 30 DevOps teams working on the different business lines and within different ART’s. Security has a major focus within the SAFe teams.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.