22 days ago - req22678
Lead design engineer in fluid and vacuum
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Physics
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology. At ASML we push capabilities of our technology to the level that is considered to be impossible by external experts. We also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that we are examining. Though we stay pragmatic as our customers need real solutions, not just theories. Do you see yourself in this picture? Do you like to be challenged with complex problems and deliver solutions starting from scratch? Are you eager to contribute to the mechanical development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech lithography system? Excited to join a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic and international environment? Perhaps it’s time to advance your career and become a part of progress, and join ASML in the role of Lead Designer in our Machine Conditioning department.
You will be responsible for the design of the fluid (gases, liquids/cooling and vacuum) infrastructure, source or scanner for the ASML lithography machines. This work consists of a translation of the architecture into a design that meets the requirements; a creation of the 3D design, volume control, engineering changes, and communication to (and where necessary negotiation between) the interfaces. The other part of the work is to make sure the design can be manufactured, will be serviceable and meets the availability requirements.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Collect, challenge, interpret and enrich the specifications with architects and analysts to a solid base for the generation of a new design
- Create design concepts ( related to gas systems, water systems, vacuum systems), document why choices are made (early EDS chapter/ EDR) and present / align it within in the organization
- In early design phase negotiate and visualize available volumes in the machine with mechanical and electrical infrastructure departments and with machine module owners
- Create bottom-up design related project planning (ASML designers / Farm-out) and align this with both Main deliverable ownerand project leader
- Create regular status updates (reporting) towards program (MDO/PL/PCM) on design progress / Issues and proposed solutions
- Steer ASML designers to making high quality designs while maintaining appropriate project timeline
- Manage farm-out design teams (3-10FTE) on Quality / Technically / Timing and take ownership of the (external) created designs (delegated building block ownership)
- Make sure the design is documented clearly with proper CAD models, drawings and detailed design information in NX/TCE including EDS completion
- Guarantee design quality by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability
- Specify and select appropriate parts and assemblies from suppliers
- Interface with (internal) customers and suppliers
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- Solid design experience in complex technical environment
- Experience with 3D CAD systems, preferably Siemens NX
- > 5 years of lead engineer experience
- Experience with working in large groups
- Experience with steering internal and external design teams on Quality / technically and timing
- Preferably working experience in the Netherlands
- You are be able to work independently in a dynamic explorative environment
- Robust personality taking ownership and steer farm-out design teams
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view combined with good reporting capabilities
- Good communicational skills in presenting (reflect the situation), convincing (get buy-in) and documentation
- Fluent in English.
Context of the position
The cluster Machine Conditioning (MC) is part of development and engineering within ASML. The task of this cluster is to develop, deliver, integrate, qualify and maintain functional modules & parts of ASML’s lithography tools related to temperature control and gas conditioning, covering all fluids and vacuum. Technology areas are: gas-, vacuum- and water-flow control, architecture and design, temperature control.
This is a pipeline vacancy. We'e looking for multiple Lead Designers. If you already applied on one of our other vacancies, it is possible that your application might be merged with your other applications.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.