8 days ago - req22631
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Within Development and Engineering, the mechatronics team owns the functions for Wafer Flow including Wafer Positioning and Wafer Handling, as well as System Dynamics and Magnetic Shielding. It is the Mechatronics teams’ purpose to exchange and position wafers fast, accurately and reliably with respect to the SEM and alignment optics. Our vision is that we provide a full functional wafer flow to enable the advancement of e-beam systems. It is our mission to design, integrate and sustain wafer flow functionality and modules for all e-beam systems, together with our D&E partners in Mechanical Infrastructure, Electrical Infrastructure, Machine Conditioning and the System Function architect community.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As the Mechatronics group leader you are responsible for:
- Staffing projects and technical studies
- Providing technology competence and roadmaps
- Quality of processes and technology
Staffing of projects and technical studies includes:
- Aligning and staffing projects with necessary resources in quantity, quality and competence
- Guaranteeing the quality of the deliverables of your resources
- Alignment with project leads and function architects on program issues, risks, scope changes and key decision inputs
- Ensuring availability of competent resources and assigning them to the proper projects
- Defining priorities in the projects, together with the project leaders and function architects and aligning these with the program
- Providing knowledge, people, and methods needed to study and evaluate technical solutions across different projects and platforms within own functions
- Competence development of your employees including determining Skills Knowledge and Attitude (SKA) gaps and having a high quality Development Action Plan in place
- Supporting People Performance Management - assigning targets to employees, giving feedback, having regular routines with employee and a mid-year review dialogue and finally appraising
- Maintaining and leading team responsible for Wafer Flow, System Dynamics and Magnetic Shielding functions and corresponding building blocks
- Providing functions and building block roadmaps, aligned with system engineering roadmaps to fit the product roadmap, defining the performance budgets for the function, initiating feasibility studies, supplier choice and development
- Design and product specification documents and doc trees belonging to the functions and the building blocks
- May require up to 15% domestic and/or international travel dependent on business needs
Quality of processes and technology includes:
- Driving improvements on processes and ways of working
- Adherence to agreed ways of working and standards
- Identifying bottlenecks and driving improvements
- Quality of technical solutions applied in building blocks, concerning the functions and its interfaces
- Minimum Bachelors in relevant field of Engineering – i.e. Mechanical, Mechatronics, etc. Master’s degree or higher preferred
- Minimum 8 years of relevant, work related experience with an MS degree,
- At least 10 – 12 years of relevant, work related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 8 years people management experience
- Expertise in mentoring, coaching, motivating staff, and growing competencies in team
- Proven experience leading new product development and introduction
- Experienced in leading complex hardware development projects - Providing functions, building roadmaps, aligning engineering roadmaps and product roadmaps, defining budgets, initiating feasibility studies, supplier choice, and development
- Experience working with a global team, excelling in a global environment
- Very knowledgeable in Mechatronics with a hands-on approach in troubleshooting, driving improvement and quality in processes
- Experienced in industrial product development environment in the semiconductor industry is strongly preferred
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects in a global environment
- Must have excellent commitment and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven result driven way of working, with demonstrated ownership and accountability background
- Mentoring and coaching
- Recognizes contribution of individual team members
- Is able to lead collaborative problem solving session with design engineers
- Able to “lead”, not just, “manage” a team
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customers
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability