11 days ago - req22640
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative and mechanically highly stable solutions? We have a job for you!
We are looking for a architect to join the developments of opto-mechanical modules which are responsible for the Universal Light Source in Yieldstar. It requires a complex combination and understanding of precision engineering, thermal-mechanics, opto-mechanics, material behavior, and high precision manufacturing competences to get this job done.
Your activities are related to the improvement of Installed Base Systems and New Product Introduction projects for Yieldstar Metrology machines.
Take ownership and manage designs in the field of highly accurate and stable opto-mechanical modules in collaboration with a small team of experts in a multi-disciplinary project setting.
- Take responsibility for the mechanical design of opto-mechanical systems in strong collaboration with other teams in a multidisciplinary environment with physics and EDEV teams, and with many interfaces to other projects;
- Setup of planning and prioritization within the project scope;
- Contribute to the specification, qualification and introduction of designs;
- Take ownership for the introduction and implementation of your design;
- Responsible for the full portfolio of technical product documentation;
- Guide and coach several design engineers.
Masters in mechanical (precision) engineering or equivalent.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience is mandatory;
- Experience in a design role in a complex technical environment and knowledge of the V-model;
- Dedicated knowledge of precision engineering, opto-mechanics, static, dynamic and thermal load cases, constraint design and high precision alignment;
- Experienced CAD user (preferably NX), and familiar with PLM systems;
- Thorough knowledge of the ASML D&E Way-of-Working is a must;
- Keywords are: high mechanical and thermal stability (6DOF), defectivity, cost effective, FEM, manufacturable and service friendly.
- Ability to keep a technical overview, set priorities and realize design targets;
- Is able to give direction irrespective of technical certainties within own level of competence, capable of “out-of-the-box” thinking;
- Well-developed analytical skills and a pragmatic and persistent “get it done” attitude;
- Breakdown of complex problems, takes initiatives and responsibility for decisions;
- Highly motivated, proactive and responsible team player;
- Excellent social, coordination and communication skills in an international, multicultural setting;
- Able to collaborate with cross sector stakeholders.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader Mechanics (~20 FTE) within the department of DUV & Applications in the Mechanical Development cluster (D&E).
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.