18 days ago - req22625
Project Lead for VCP Introduction - Customer Support
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Do you know what engineers in the field need to execute their services? Can you design and build a service? Do you know how to start executing a project without a clear scope? Can you translate risks and issues of late and missing deliveries into containment requirements? Are you able to set-up, operate processes and how to hand these over to a line organization? Can you manage change and influence without power? If so then the role of NPI PL is just the opportunity for you.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process.
Within CS the New Product Introduction (NPI) VCP department manages the introduction of the new Virtual Computing Platform (VCP), including new technologies and applications on the VCP systems, into the ASML worldwide service organization and our customers.
To execute field introduction of new products the NPI department has the following responsibilities:
- Manage Service requirements and secure embedding into the design
- Create, align, plan and implement manpower blueprints with appropriate buffers to ensure site readiness
- Create, align, plan and execute customized VCP introductions
- Set up and operate processes to measure, diagnose, solve, implement solutions for people, products and processes
- Drive performance and cost to target by consolidating and eliminating buffers,
- Drive for SLA commitments by closely interacting with the VCP Managed Operations team (3rd party) and GSC
- Facilitate operational performance of products after 1st shipment by managing projects to improve performance when SLA commitments are not met
- Create CS Key Decision deliverables for cross sector approvals for all of the above
- By realizing this mission we ensure that the worldwide service organization can execute service delivery to meet customer Service Level Agreements at the agreed cost targets as defined by the Business Lines.
The NPI PL takes ownership of and is responsible for one or more NPI sub-project(s) supporting the introduction of new systems to the field. This includes the standard New Product Introduction deliverables as well as the organizational and infrastructure changes required. Throughout the different phases of the NPI sub-project(s) the PL executes different roles:
The NPI PL as “Service Manager”
- As field representative the PL will ensure that requirements from the field will be taken into the design and in the development of the Service Mix (Tools, Procedures and Spares)
- The PL will translate requirements into costing information
- The PL tracks requirement compliance. For non-compliances the PL defines containment requirements and ensures risks are mitigated
- For service related solutions the PL defines and plans these (included Operational Level Agreements (OLA)), including the responsibilities of and interaction between the VCP Managed Operations team and GSC
- For all targets (e.g. XLD, DOA, Parts usage) the PL will set-up and operate issue intake and solution roll-out processes.
For these processes the PL will align handover criteria with the line organization to migrate the execution of processes from the project to the line organization
The NPI PL as “Project Manager”
- The PL ensures that the field has the required information to prepare itself (blueprint and buffers) and drives execution by the Field and by the sector PLs and reports status
- As a demand manager the PL will drive the Service Mix development units from specification to delivery and finally the validation of the delivered quality.
- The PL will generate the CS Key Decision deliverables for the Product Generation Process to ensure cross sector approvals for all the NPI services
- The PL manages with support of Start-up Equipment Support (SES) Engineers the Intro & Upgrade Support projects
- The CS Project Leader works together with several different groups within ASML: System Engineering, Development & Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, Product Management and of course with the Field. Within the stakeholder groups the PL get things done by convincing people rather than using power.
The NPI PL as “Change Manager”
- The PL will manage the analysis of performances to ensure the definition of a roadmap towards targets. For the roadmap the PL will ensure a change plan will be formulated and executed.
- The PL is driving costs to targets by eliminating buffers (e.g. remove overstocking and reduce MMR)
Feedback experiences and lessons learned towards the respective teams
Master’s or bachelor's degree in physics, electronics, software or mechanical engineering.
Extensive engineering, project, change or service delivery management experience (5-8 years) in a high-tech equipment industry.
- Strong influencing skills: able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization (influencing without power)
- Creative, reduces ambiguity with a focus on customer requirements
- Strong consultative communication skills (multi-cultural and towards different levels)
- Strong technical background with a drive towards solutions delivered in time
- Problem Analysis skills; 6 Sigma experience. Strong technical background with a drive towards solutions delivered in time.
- Capable of conceiving and maintaining ‘global’ overview
- Work very independent but well aligned in teams of multiple PL’s reporting into one CS
Context of the position
The NPI PL reports to the Manager of Customer Support Engineering YieldStar Equipment PL & Startup Equipment Support (in Veldhoven).
Willingness to travel internationally up to 30%
Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English when applying for this role.