14 days ago - req22651
Research Project Leader Optical Sensors
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical leadership capabilities to provide innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography and metrology machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
ASML Research is looking for a Project Leader who will be responsible for Research projects aimed at creating new optical measurement solutions. Typically, research projects are in close cooperation with Development and Engineering, supplier(s), universities and research institutes. The projects focus on the feasibility of a product or module and on increasing the (fundamental) knowledge of physical mechanisms critical for a product or module.
You steer the multi-disciplinary project team towards the feasibility and deliverables which are aligned with internal customers and stakeholders. The typical team you lead consists of architects, experimentalist, analysts and designers from both internal and external parties. Together with the team you identify and monitor the major feasibility risks and determine and execute the strategy to mitigate these.
PhD degree in Optics and/or Physics
- Proven track record on (technical) leadership in a multi-disciplinary high-tech environment, with a strong focus on optics and/or metrology (5-10 years).
- Experience with developing modules/products from first idea to a working prototype at customers. Experience in low TRL level feasibility projects is preferred.
- Experience in leading teams at multiple locations and in working with farm out partners.
- Affinity and mindset towards module / product development, although the projects focus on the feasibility phase and the build-up of knowledge. Determine solution directions of major issues in lithographic or metrology tools.
- Able to maintain overview and create an organized structure in a complex landscape.
- Excellent stakeholder management, building relationships with our internal customers and suppliers.
- Team-player that can use different leadership styles.
- Self-assured, capable of convincing people, also at senior management levels.
- Good analytical skills to cope with complex products, machine modules or issues.
Context of the position
This position is part of the Research department of ASML. Its task is to identify and fill the technological gaps in the future roadmap of the lithography and metrology market. We work in small teams and deliver a proof of concept that can be transferred to Development and Engineering. We intensively work together with external research institutes and universities. ASML Research offers an informal work atmosphere, opportunities to develop your soft and hard project management skills and a good position to move to other ASML departments in the long run.
Keywords: Research, Project Leader; Feasibility; Multi-disciplinary environment; Technical Leadership;