14 days ago - req22635
Security Data Scientist
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is the largest supplier in the world of photolithography systems for the semiconductor industry and manufactures machines for the production of integrated circuits. It is a heavily R&D driven company, and as such, it is critical that we properly safeguard our intellectual property. As an information security manager, you will manage information security risks within the R&D domain, which is a challenging position in an intellectual property-driven enterprise.
As an information security manager, you will manage information security risks in the ‘Development and Engineering (R&D) domain, which is a challenging position in an Intellectual Property driven enterprise. Throughout the company multiple disciplines are required to ensure proper identification, mitigation and management of these risks.
R&D Security Risk Management (SRM) operates within the R&D domain, which includes Development & Engineering, System Engineering and all Business Lines. R&D SRM is responsible for keeping information security risks within the R&D risk appetite by identifying and assessing risks, driving risk mitigation and providing assurance on compliance.
Ensure security risks do not exceed the risk appetite by defining monitoring controls on the level of access to information within our applications.
Align with the business to define the problem and use cases, develop data, perform analysis and provide results to business stakeholders.
The Security data scientist role focuses on anomaly detection on information security in the R&D domain.
- Identifying, defining, understanding and aligning on relevant information security anomalies with business stakeholders
- Identifying and understanding data sources (in a complex environment)
- Drive the implementation of improved (application) logging, supporting the required data analysis
- Data driven modeling focusing on discovering (causal) relationships and detecting structural patterns from data
- Validation and interpretation of models
- Report/KPI creation for stakeholder anomaly evaluation
- Identify & advise on logging and monitoring requirements for R&D applications and drive implementation
- Embed logging and anomaly detection in existing processes
- Align with the application security team, IT operations teams, the privacy office and the Cyber Defense Center
- Ensure compliance to privacy and security policies and standards
- Define means and methods
- Collaborate with Cyber Defense Center (central security) on automation of anomaly models and reporting
A bachelor/master’s degree
Relevant certifications for Big Data, Data Analytics and or Splunk.
- 5+ years of experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, …) to manipulate data and draw
insights from large data sets
- 3+ years of industry experience with implementing statistical models, machine/deep learning, and analysis (Recommenders, Prediction, Classification, Clustering, etc.) in big data environments
- Relevant experience in data science using Splunk
- Plus: Knowledge/experience in the IT (security) domain;
- Experience with defining and implementing logging and monitoring in an organization;
- Affinity and familiarity with development and engineering processes, way of working and culture;
- In possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good algorithm development and implementation skills
- Good coding skills and good experimentation/investigation skills
- Agile, flexible, collaborative mindset
- Innovative and creative attitude
- Able to drive solution implementations
- (Technical) ownership and leadership
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
- Dealing with resistance and reluctance
- Pro-active and self-motivated with the proven ability to drive results
- Team player
- Good communication and influencing skills
Context of the positionYou are based in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. You will be employed in the R&D Security Risk Management (SRM) team which is part of the Development and Engineering Information Management department. You will be reporting to the Assurance focus Area lead and functionally reporting to the R&D Sector Security Risk Manager.
The Information Management department is reporting to the EVP of Development and Engineering.
You are a member of the ASML Security community; collaborating also together with Security Risk Managers in other sectors
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.