20 days ago - req22690
System Layout Engineer (DUV Systems)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
If you enjoy having a broad full system scope as an architect, and if you have strong drive in improving the manufacturability and serviceability of a system by smart layout solutions and being critical towards projects, then this function might fit you perfectly.
Find the optimal layout solutions for the ASML machines. Enable that the machine can be easily build, transported, installed and serviced. Find creative solutions (together with SE and other architects) such that the machine will meet both its performance and industrialization requirements.
- Do layout studies. To find solutions for new functionality and module changes.
- Define mechanical sub-budgets for projects (such as volume files, mass specs, tolerance specs).
- Regular reviews/ carousels with projects.
- Get agreement on layout.
- Identify and solve cross-project layout issues. Involve SE in case of important tradeoffs.
- Review project concept proposals on industrialization aspects (such as manufacturability, serviceability, modularity, re-use).
- Check that they stay within their volume, mass and tolerance budgets.
- Prepare and chair design reviews (of layout concepts).
- Write SEG documentation (SDS, SDR, TPS, TAR, …).
Bachelor or Master degree in a Mechanical Engineering
- >3 years working experience as architect, preferably at ASML.
- Experience in managing layout of complex designs.
- Experience with industrialization of complex systems.
- Requirements management.
- Knowledge of Siemens NX; preferably with volume files.
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks.
- Highly pro-active. Thinks ahead, creates vision, manages the stakeholders.
- Team player on all levels (SE, architects, management, factory engineers).
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Attitude to challenge others (get all risks and collateral damage on the table).
- Strong in convincing others (on importance of industrialization aspects).
Context of the position
You will be part of the Mechanical Layout (ML) project, which is amongst others responsible for the mechanical system architecture. The team doesn’t deliver hardware themselves, but has an overall responsibility during the whole V-cycle, that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way.
For more detailed information see the FC020 training material:D000334176
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.
GL of this position: [email protected]
This is a jobgrade 7 position.