17 days ago - req22727
Failure Analysis Lead Technician
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is seeking an experienced Failure analysis engineer with expertise in Materials science and surface chemistry. This person will join the Advanced development center(ADC) in Wilton, Connecticut - A Research and Development team focused on building proto-typing and industrializing next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems. The main job function is to perform material and chemical investigations and identify root causes using failure analysis tools like SEM, AFM, TOF-SIMS, FIB etc to solve challenging engineering problems associated with achieving nanometer scale precision.
The Advanced development center in ASML Wilton, Connecticut is seeking is seeking an Failure analysis engineer with expertise in material analysis tools and verification methods. Advanced development center in Wilton, Connecticut is an multi-disciplinary group of engineers and scientists focused developing on learning loop solutions, proto-typing of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems and industrialization of proto-types that meet the system performance requirement.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The main focus of this position will be:
- Investigate material aspects and chemical composition using suitable material diagnostic tools like SEM, AF, WLI etc to perform appropriate analysis on R&D proto-types, components in manufacturing stages, and customer returns.
- Set-up and operate failure analysis tools like SEM, AFM, WLI, TOF-SIMS etc.
- Owner of failure analysis lab: Keep failure analysislabs in good working conditions by adhering, enforcing and improving the ASML & Lab way of working and processes. In particular adhering to safety procedures, ISO standardsand protocols.
- Perform/execute periodic maintenance of failure analysis tools in ADC.
- Support ADC engineers with testing during feasibility and proto phases and root cause analysis during filed and factory.
- Support ADC team with engineering data taking on different metrology tools.
- Follow all environment, health, and safety (EHS) policies and procedures to ensure and maintain a safe working environment.
- Clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing technical activities to management.
- Prepare engineer documentation like Test Performance Specification; Test Analysis Reports andrelease the documents by following change control process.
- Write engineering procedure and train technicians to efficiently transfer the build/alignment & test process to manufacturing.
- Understand the existing failure techniques & their analysis methods and improve them to support the ASML technology roadmap.
- Must be willing to work in shifts: Rotating shifts to accommodate business demands; approximate hours of the shifts are 1st shift 7AM-3PM and 2nd shift 3PM-11PM.
Associate degree in Material Sciences, chemistry or other engineering disciplines, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 year of experience using at least two of the following tools SEM, AFM, WLI & TOF-SIMS.
- Preferred: Associate degreein Material Sciences, chemistryor other engineering disciplines.
- With at least 10 year of experience using at least 3 of the following tools SEM, AFM, WLI & TOF-SIMS, FIB (or) Bachelor’s degree in Material Sciences, chemistryor other engineering disciplines.
- With at least 2-5 year of experience using at least 3 of the following tools SEM, AFM, WLI & TOF-SIMS, FIB.
- Good understandingand experience in material analysis tools and verification methods (white light interferometer, microscope, SEM, AFM, TOF-SIMS, FIB, XPS etc).
- Knowledge of material, mechanicaland chemicalproperties of coatings and ceramic structure.
- Ability to work in the clean room environment knowledge in material and material interaction (especially glass, ceramics, thin film materials, gases, etc).
- General understanding of optics and ceramic manufacturing methods; Basic understandingof manufacturing process optimization.
- Experiencing using manufacturing equipment like coating, etching, machining, polishing etc is plus.
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or LabVIEW for data collection and analysis to drive solutions; Working knowledge of PID controllers is plus.
- Excellent experimental, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidate must:
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time while under time constraints; High energy, high ownership, high level of dedication.
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions.
- Have demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability