11 days ago - req22778
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Logistics & supply chain management
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Sourcing Lead has responsibility for the overall relationship between ASML and a set of our key suppliers. Current suppliers will be managed for performance, while potential new suppliers will be uncovered and readied for future business as needed. This position requires a combination of skills in strategic thinking, leadership, initiative, professional communication, financial/business analysis, and is greatly aided by a background in engineering or technology.
Job DescriptionThis is an outstanding opportunity in our San Jose, CA facility to join our Procurement team. In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity (supply base) to ensure ASML is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage. The key duties involved in this position include:
- Monitors developments and trends within the supply base and ensures ASML is prepared to react appropriately
- Drives supplier selection activities by leading one or more Sourcing Teams
- Negotiates Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated addenda
- Monitors contractual compliance of the supplier as well as ASML
- Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction
- Prepares supplier spending forecasts
- Monitors supplier financial health
- Ensures all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent
- Executes the QLTC (supplier performance measurement) process
- Prepares for, leads, and follows-up from SAT (“Supplier Account Team”) meetings
- Drives supply base rationalization within the commodity
- Initiates and drives closure on supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) and Non-Conformances
- Participates in supplier quality audits and drives closure of findings
- Fast paced
- Constant multi-tasking
- Lots of people interaction
- Continuous change
- Mix of strategic as well as tactical issues
- Multi-disciplined (engineering, business, manufacturing, etc.)
- Highly matrixed
- Multi-cultural and international (both in terms of national as well as corporate cultures)
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Engineering is required or equivalent experience. An MBA is strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum 7-10 years of progressive experience in supplier management in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment, including a minimum 5 years of experience in strategic sourcing.
- A deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred.
- Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is required.
- Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis are essential.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Negotiation skills are critical.
- Candidate needs to be able to operate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams is essential to performing the job.
- Must be able to professionally represent ASML to outside companies.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a big plus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Must thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of SAP is a plus!
Context of the positionThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability