30+ days ago - req22884
IT Applications Group Lead
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Computer science & software engineering
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The mission of the IT Application Group Lead is to enable the Cymer Lightsource Division IT applications team in the delivery of business systems services. As a leader of this team you will be responsible for guiding operational course, technical direction, employee development and leadership to a team of ~10 business analysts, application administrators and developers.
Job DescriptionAs a Applications Group Lead you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for people management and career development activities including recruiting, onboarding, training, mentoring, coaching, and performance evaluations
- Responsible for leading a group IT applications professionals to perform analysis, design, and development of new capabilities and innovative changes to existing systems
- Lead and assure the delivery of highly stable and compliant critical business systems
- Guide the team in the transition to new ways of working including agile methodology
- Closely work with product owner, scrum master and architecture staff to assure leadership alignment
- Identify staffing needs and required skills to meet the portfolio demands
- Manage supplier relationships, contracting external employees
- Coordinate with other IT groups to assure alignment on priorities, architecture and methodologies
- Ensure engagement levels within your team
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of relevant work experience.
- At least 15 years of IT experience with a major ERP system such as SAP or Oracle Applications.
- Experience in managing vendors and external personnel
- Experience in an equivalent environment (size, complexity, industry, domain) is a strong plus
- Domain knowledge in packaged business applications and approaches to customization and integration
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Excellent leadership skills for managing experts with a servant leader orientation
- Strategic and creative thinking, solving today’s problems while keeping in mind a long-term plan.
- Well-developed consultancy skills combined with hands-on mentality.
- Passionate about driving innovative solutions.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
Other informationRole within Office Responsibilities
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – 10%
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Work according to a set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability