30+ days ago - req22942
Linux Software Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Physics, Electrical engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
ASML is looking to hire an independent, resourceful engineer with advanced problem solving skills, high degree of competency developing distributed systems on Linux based servers, and enjoy working in a fast paced engineering environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate and experienced in building backend Linux infrastructure that has what we call "first time right".
The successful candidate will be based in our brand new San Jose, CA campus and will be responsible for:
- Developing scalable, efficient, secure, and novel concurrent and multi-process, distributed applications to aid in the automation, orchestration, monitoring, and coordination between existing and new applications in order meet our internal demands as our company grows.
- Using current industry standard languages and toolsprimarily using golang and Python as well as some lower level languages like C/C++ to cover what the higher level tools cannot in terms of library linkage and performance.
- Collaborating with diverse and highly skilled and motivated people in a multi-national organization.
- Integrating commercial and open source tools into our environment and fill in the gap where these tools miss the last 5-10% of seamless integration.
- Being a technical point of contact for program managers and management so that they can organize, plan, and make informed higher level strategies and project plans.
Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field with preference for Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Material Science, or similar.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL database technology and knowing which one to use.
- Experience with cloud native technologies.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, switch priorities as business demands change, and deliver on-time to move on to the next task.
- Clarity and precision in written and verbal communications.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, development environment.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed. Ability trumps experience because we do what is best for today not what was best yesterday.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and be open to changing their mindset to alternate and new technologies and techniques.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and professional accountability.
- Analyze and process complex systems with the ability to refactor and update existing systems without downtime and service interruption.
- Proven experience working within the technical side of a business without being overly concerned with details.
- High attention to detail when necessary.
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability