30+ days ago - req22905
Sr. Product Engineer - Computational Lithography Products
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Physics
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
ASML is seeking highly talented individuals to join our innovative team to accelerate our leadership in delivering Computational Lithography-Driven Design and Manufacturing solutions to our customers. ASML is the worldwide leader in computational lithography for integrated circuit Lithography-Driven Design and Manufacturing™. ASML’s Tachyon™ platform, a highly accurate and ultra-fast OPC and OPC verification system, enables a unique set of capabilities that address the interrelated challenges of design, photomask making and wafer printing for semiconductor manufacturing
In this position the Product engineer will be the bridge between product and customer applications. Product engineer will own technical spec requirements for new product, best practice development solutions for standard or customized applications, and 2nd line product support. This position is specifically for computational lithography modeling –
- Interact with customers to gain understanding of their technical requirements and effectively translate these requirements onto new product capabilities.
- Support ASML’s on-site customer support engineers and be responsible for new product introductions, including educating on-site engineers about ASML’s new products
- Conduct new product feasibility studies working with R&D.
- Collect proof book data working with customers, and determine best practices for the products.
- Perform acceptance tests of the new products.
- Conduct key customer engagement project which need demonstrate the best performance of our products
Master's or PhDin Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemical engineering, IC manufacturing or Process Technology related field.
- Knowledge of Optical physics (especially Fourier optics, EM theory), resist chemistry or etch mechanism.
- Experience of product requirement analysis, system design, function development and customer promotion.
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing processes
- Experience with lithography, simulation tools required. * Experience with scanners and metrology tools, or IC manufacturing process is a plus.
- Knowledge of digital signal process, machine learning
- Script level programming skill at least, higher skill level is preferred
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team
- Strong customer focus
- Be able to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills
- Quick learner and flexibility
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability