30+ days ago - req22969
Virtual Fab Software Test Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Physics
ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. We provide microchip makers with everything they need – hardware, software and services – to mass produce patterns on silicon through lithography.
ASML’s products are critical elements in the semiconductor manufacturing process. ‘System-of-systems’ level testing, also called cross-product testing, is a very important step in the development process of our products and ensures that all ASML products in a customer fabrication plant (customer fab) meet their specifications and reliably work together.
The Virtual Fab is an environment in which cross-product verification is performed using product simulations in customer-like environments for customer-specific use cases.
As Virtual Fab Software Test Engineer, you are a key participant in the cross-product test process and provide important input to the system release decision making process. In this dynamic and exciting position, you are not only working with the latest state-of-the-art solutions from across the complete company, but you also get a good insight in how these solutions are used by our customers.
It is our team’s mission to ensure that at any moment in time, all ASML products interact reliably in the customer fab ecosystem. We prevent issues from reaching our customers, by doing cross-product integration and verification of customer use cases of ASML products.
As a Virtual Fab Software Test Engineer, you define, develop, automate, execute and report on cross-product tests. Cross-product tests can also be the result of integrating already existing tests for different products. You perform both regression and progression tests, mainly using the ASML-proprietary test framework TWIST. Your knowledge of the cross-product application domain and the constituent products forms a sound basis for you to define and develop the required tests.
While executing the cross-product tests, you detect, analyze and report issues. You work with development teams in diagnosing the issues and re-testing solutions. You explore the features, in order to identify issues not covered by automated tests. You report the issues found and enable the product teams to judge the impact and risks of the issues.
Not only are you in close contact with development teams, but also with customer-representing teams to improve our knowledge on customer-specific configurations and use cases. Lead time and test quality are important; you continuously seek ways to improve the efficiency and effectivity of your work.
You have a Master degree in Computer Science, Physics or similar.
• You have at least 5 years of work experience in the semiconductor industry and are familiar with the processes in a customer fab (e.g. in the field of process engineering in the lithography domain).
• You have experience in testing, preferably in a mixed hardware/software environment with high complexity levels.
• You are ISTQB-certified or you have a similar certification.
• You have experience with system-of-system level testing.
• You have experience working with integration in a large and complex organization.
• You have experience in testing and test automation.
• You have several years of experience in software development.
• You have recent experience with Agile.
• (Preferred) You have experience with multiple ASML products/applications and the interaction between them.
• (Preferred) You have affinity with model-based engineering/testing.
• You are flexible, result driven, have a “make it happen attitude”, are a good communicator and a self-starter.
• You have an eye for detail and are accurate in the work execution.
• You can combine execution pragmatism with a structural process approach.
• You are able to think and act on a system-of-systems level of abstraction.
• You are explorative, curious and continuously looking for opportunities to extend test coverage to find relevant product issues.
• You can handle a dynamic context with different stakeholders with different demands, planning changes, partial lack of information, etc.
Context of the position
The context of this position is the ‘system of systems’, i.e. a customer fab consisting of a network of multiple ASML (and third party) products, such as TWINSCAN wafer scanners, YieldStar metrology systems and the Litho Computing Platform.
• ASML’s main product is the TWINSCAN wafer scanner, a complex high precision machine used by our customers in the semiconductor industry to create integrated circuits. The external software interfaces of the TWINSCAN system are extensive and are used by our customer’s automation systems. If there are unintended changes in a new software release, the customer’s production flow will halt, with a negative impact on the customer’s logistics and eventually a lower yield of the customer’s factory.
• The ASML YieldStar product is a metrology system, which allows measurement of on-product overlay and focus, as well as critical dimension.
• The ASML Litho Computing Platform is a high-availability high-performance machine for running all ASML off-scanner wafer fab applications.
The cross-product testing takes places in the so-called Virtual Fab, a simulated fab automation environment in which these and other ASML products are verified for cross-product issues in an ecosystem of physical and (partially) simulated ASML products, before releasing to the customer.
You work in a growing team, consisting of approximately 15 Engineers. You will be member of the Virtual Fab group in the Cross Products department in the Performance & Integration cluster.
Please when applying also submit a personalized motivation letter for this role.
Keywords: Testing, ISTQB, interoperability, Agile, scrum, system testing, system of systems, cross-product, customer-orientation, virtual fab, hardware, software, semiconductor industry, lithography, process engineering, high-tech, model-based engineering/testing.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.