You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Design Engineer Light Sources and Optical Sensors
In a nutshell
IntroductionDo you have the technical capabilities to develop and industrialize state-of-the-art optical sensors?Do you have other technical skills that will enable you to succeed in a highly multidisciplinary environment? And do you have a true teamwork attitude that will empower everyone in the team to contribute to solving highly complex technical challenges? If so, we need to talk.
We have several exciting career opportunities in our Sensors department. This is one of the most vital departments in ASML, because it helps enable us to continuously improve our key business drivers of overlay, imaging, focus and throughput.
Job MissionYou will be expected to be flexible, ambitious, and eager to develop yourself. That’s because you will work in close cooperation with colleagues from many disciplines inside and outside ASML. To be successful you must help build a strong sense of teamwork by understanding your colleagues’ roles and their challenges. That’s also why strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are crucial in this dynamic environment. You will also manage ASML internal stakeholders, and will be in contact with suppliers and other external parties where needed.
This is a highly challenging role and offers many opportunities for professional triumph and job satisfaction.
As Design Engineer in our Sensors department you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment that further develops the current and next generation optical image and level sensors. You will need to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in several of the following activities:
- Analysis and modeling of the performance of our leading-edge optical sensors systems
- Definition of specifications to meet the required system performance
- Generate effective and creative optical solutions for improving the sensor performance
- Development of opto-mechanical tools required during install and setup of the sensor
- Integration, calibration and test of the optical sensors in our lithography systems
- Cooperate in modeling and experimental verification of sensor performance
- Support the production of these sensors and its use by the final customers
EducationTechnical University, MSc or PhD in physics or engineering.
- Talented MSc or PhD candidates, preferably experienced in industry and working in multidisciplinary teams
- Proven experience or affinity with optics; preferably experienced with optical simulation tools
- Solid background on design of experiments, data analysis and presentation
- Experience with hardware development
- Experience with data analysis using MATLAB, or similar software tooling
- Takes the initiative, creative and is willing to learn and adapt quickly
- Flexible and committed team player
- Pragmatic attitude, result orientation with an analytical view.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Strong communication skills, knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion.
Context of the positionASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio. Within Bottom (BM) the D&E sector, the Light Sources, Level Sensors and Image Sensor department the Cluster is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of the major measurement sensors and its application in all ASML products. The Image Sensors EUV groups deliver all functionality related to the optical sensors used during the exposure of a wafer in the ASML EUV or DUV machines, and have a major contribution to the overlay, focus, throughput and imaging machine performance. The group is responsible for the physical and optical design of these light sources and sensors for EUV and DUV machines.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.