6 days ago - req23080
Design Engineer Stage Position Measurement
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Sub-nanometer accurate motion of the stages in our ASML machines is enabled by our advanced Stage Position Measurement (SPM) Systems.
The EUV Stage Position Measurement group contributes to New Product Introduction (NPI) projects and Installed Base Products & Services (IBPS) in the EUV Volume Products and EUV Advanced Products business lines.
In our group we roughly have two activities:
•Design and build in of measurement systems; together with our suppliers
•Development of real-time pose calculation and calibration of the parameters in this calculation
We look for an engineer who can contribute to the second activity.
We develop mathematical models that relate measurement axes to stage 6-DOF pose. The models should be such that real-time solvers can calculate the stage pose and the parameter set in this calculation should be such that calibration is possible.
You are model designer in an Agile team, providing solutions for SPM projects.
As a designer you are responsible for:
• Designing models and their operating functionality.
• Interfacing with hardware designers to understand the measurement concepts
• Functionally testing these designs
• Interfacing to software designers to get these designs implemented
• Interfacing with metrology designers to calibrate the models
• Qualifying the designs during integration
• Sustaining the designs when implemented
• University, Master level in one of the Engineering studies.
• For the development of the models both a physical understanding of sensors and the ability to visualize objects moving in space with respect to each other is key.
• Furthermore, mathematical knowledge about linear algebra is important. For the implementation software skills are important.
• Expert user of Matlab/Python, object oriented
• Understanding of required SW aspects to implement designs
• 3 to 5 yr development experience, ASML experience in metrology or sensor signal processing preferred.
• Team player, responsible, reliable, committed
• Inquisitive, accurate, self-propelling
• Creative, pragmatic attitude
Context of the position
This position is in the EUV Stage Position Measurement group (SPM); a group of functional architects, functional designers and integrators who define and engineer interferometry-based position measurement systems (interferometers, encoders) in all ASML products. Due to its function in our machines, it offers the opportunity to either work on a very detailed level or focus on the multidisciplinary interfacing of the measurement system towards its environment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.