30+ days ago - req23077
Project Lead Data Quality
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
For ASML data is an asset which has an increasing business value and which we need to protect and properly manage. Therefore managing our data assets (quality, definitions, owners, change control,..) becomes increasingly important. Recently an ASML data policy has been defined which clarifies the way ASML plans to handle its data assets in relation to its customers.
As Project Lead Data Quality you are responsible to initiate and lead data quality improvement projects and initiatives. You will not only lead, but also be actively involved in the content itself. You will play an important role to bring people with the right expertise together, communicate and promote the importance of data quality for ASML, engage and motivate people to do the required change management and successfully bring the data quality improvement initiatives to completion. You will be responsible for project definition, project governance, project quality and execution and effective stakeholder management. You will have to lead and actively be part of the respective project team while managing your triple constraint; Time, Budget and Scope. Depending on the type of project you will work closely with Agile release trains, that are responsible for partial delivery of the overall project or program deliverables.
- Scope management
- Create required project documentation according to ASML standards, that bring together the business need, the proposed solution and the preliminary plan for scope, time and costs.
- Executes pro-active stakeholder management.
- Has or quickly gains sufficient knowledge on how to manage data quality and is capable to execute hands-on activities to measure and monitor data quality in order to drive data quality improvements.
- Defines clear and unambiguously the IN and OUT scope of the project in terms of processes, deliverables, user groups, geographies, applications, data, etc.
- Determines, based on scope, whether to subdivide major deliverables into smaller, more manageable projects or work packages towards respective Agile release trains. Guide necessary choices between approaching demand via an Agile or via classical PMM methodology.
- Defines project roles and responsibilities, deliverables, time estimates and resources (including personnel, technology and equipment).
- Time management
- Use respective project management and Agile tools, to schedule and track progress of the work performed, which can be executed in multiple release trains.
- Identifies and manages internal and external dependencies, as well as cross project deliverables, potentially in close cooperation with respective agile release trains.
- Controls scope changes that affect the project schedule; revises the schedule as necessary. Reacts to changes appropriately.
- Cost management
- Prepares a project budget, broken down by time period (phases), cost types (Capex, Opex), cost components (hardware, licenses etc.) and resources.
- Uses project management systems and tools to control the budget and expenses.
- Reacts and reports on changes and revises the budget as necessary.
- Manages external supplier activities (farm-out).
- Supports in preparations for the yearly budgeting process (Target Annual Plan).
- Provides a clear foundation for the needed contingency budget, based on risk mitigation.
- Quality Management
- Is responsible to understand the business requirements and ensures that 'the product' will satisfy these.
- Measures project deliverables on quality and completeness regularly to ensure that the project will satisfy the relevant quality standards.
- Captures lessons learned during the project and shares these pro-actively with Project Board at project phase gates and closure, and provides (mitigating) actions.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of quality standards.
- Master degree in field of Technology, IT or Business.
- Project management knowledge such as PMBOK, PRINCE II.
- Knowledge of AGILE SCRUM (or LEAN).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Management, preferably in a complex high tech business environment.
- Knowledge on managing data quality and data quality frameworks and standards.
- Experience in data related projects (data analytics, data quality, data governance or comparable) is a must.
- Experience in a software development environment.
- Experience in Agile way of working.
- Act decisively
- Hands-on mentality
- Show critical sense
- Capable of switching between classical PMM methodology and Agile approach
- Take responsibility
- Think broadly
- Build relationships at different levels
- Check and maintain quality
- Organize and delegate
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Lead projects to results
- Manage criticism
- Structure communication
- Good communication skills and proficiency in the English language
Context of the position
The mission of the data governance group within Development & Engineering Software (D&E SW) is to define and drive a collection of practices and processes which help to ensure the formal management of data assets for ASML equipment as well as the implementation of the data policy. This includes defining required roles, required applications and required governance structures. The Data Governance group focuses on topics like data quality, data change control board, data catalog and data classifications, supporting the data policy implementation and other equipment data related topics. In this position you will report to the Group Lead Data Governance.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.