30+ days ago - req23126
Electrical Engineer, Sr Board Designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Leads the definition, specification and validation of highly reliable electronic board designs for EUV light source. Participates in cross-functional teams and works with architects and other engineering groups to conceptualize, design and develop boards into product. Contributes to roadmap planning, promotes innovation and incorporates relevant new technologies and methodologies. Provides guidance to the team with different technologies including SRIO, PCIe, PLC, Ethernet, photo-detectors, differential signaling, wideband circuits; high speed embedded computing, VHDL, distributed signal acquisition, and signal integrity in a noisy environment. Assists management with schedule and project planning activities.
- Design, document and maintain analog and/or digital board designs, electrical modules and infrastructure.
- Act as the Electronic Development representative, interacting intensively in a multidisciplinary design team with first time right attitude.
- Act as a technical leader and be able to manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various designs, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Guarantee design quality and compliance by knowledge, experience utilizing reviews and risk reducing tools.
- Contribute to the roadmap concerning the electronics within the ASML products.
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
- Contribute to planning efforts for the various electronics products.
- Act as a technical coach for other team members.
- Review system specifications and related hardware design documents.
- Take responsibility for the quality of hardware building blocks.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Possesses very strong skills acquired through advanced training, study and experience. Minimum of eight (8) years of experience is required.
- Requires design experience with relevant technologies.
- Requires Analog and Digital Design circuit design fundamentals.
- Knowledge of FPGA design, high speed protocols and signal integrity.
- Attention to detail, Quality focused
- Systematic analytical problem solving skills
- Thorough documentation traceability from concept, design and development, test and release for production
- Preferred knowledge of PCIe, 10/100/1000BaseT ethernet, SRIO, SoC, FPGA, PLC, DDR4 and embedded controllers.
- Familiarity with I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, ethernet and PCIe a must
- Hands on hardware design experience with analog and digital design solutions; including specifying design requirements, detailed design & review, component selection & evaluation, procurement, design validation, and release.
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting experience with analog and digital designs at board, module and system level.
- Experience with engineering test equipment – logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, communication bus analyzers, thermocouples etc.
- Experience with Schematic Capture, Simulation and Design Tools
- Experience with layout guidelines and constraints definition for high speed electronics
- Ability to apply knowledge of installation, repair, and troubleshooting at board, module, and system level.
- Understanding of MTBF, HALT and ALT for developing reliable design
- Knowledge on change management and version control tools.
- Ability to write technical specifications, detailed design documents, test plans, results, status reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, responsibility and technical competence.
- Must be a self starter, task focused, with a results oriented attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a process driven team environment.
- Ability to use structured problem solving to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Broad technical knowledge of cabling, connectivity, EMI/EMC concepts, and safety.
- Knowledge of automation for validation a plus.
- Prior knowledge of working in Agile way of working a plus.
- Strong communicator with pragmatic and first time right attitude.
- Team player with a focus on quality.
- Takes ownership, decisive and finds success.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability