30+ days ago - req23173
Proto Configuration Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechanical engineering, Logistics & supply chain management
With its roots in the Netherlands, ASML has grown to become an international high-tech organization, with some 19,000 employees of 87 different nationalities all working closely together. We work with each other, with clients, with suppliers, and with knowledge institutes. Our staff includes some of the most creative thinkers in the world today; 44% of them possess a master’s degree, 33% a bachelor’s degree, including some 600 PhD’s. Employees work together in tightly-knit multidisciplinary teams, challenging each other, listening to each other, learning from each other, and exchanging ideas.
The feeling of pride is a strong and tangible internal motivation at ASML. We are proud of who we are, of our achievements, of how we accomplish these achievements, and of the fact that we are the market leader in the chip market for lithography systems worldwide. The employees of ASML share the passion for technology with a customer focus. At ASML one works ongoing for the further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Working at ASML is therefore challenging and extremely dynamic.
Job MissionWithin ASML, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of all ASML products.
In this sector, the departmentDUV System Integration and their employees have the mission to define, control and execute the integration of the various subsystems into a complete product. The department aims for reducing both cost and lead time for system testing and integration while product quality remains guaranteed.
Within the department DUV System Integration there are many possibilities to boost your career. The most important characterization in your personality is being interested in a broad way.
You are going to be happy in this team and with your job if you like to:
- Work with all different kinds of technique and to put theory into practice.
- Work with different stakeholders from different departments, with different needs. That means that you have the possibility to build up your own network within ASML.
- Have a strong feeling for structural work and processes adherents is a must
- (last but not least) Collaborate with our customers. It is not a must but if you like to travel around and to see the world there is a possibility to work (for a temporary time) in other countries.
You are responsible for:
- Keep assigned DUV machines configuration in perfect state (hardware)
- Ensure efficient and effective integration activities on the machines, by:
- Assist with Planning, preparation and execution of upgrades on proto systems
- Ensure all changes to system configuration are documented in SAP and WipFat
- Escalate in case problems cannot be solved by yourself;
- Provide configuration support to D&E engineers;
- Provide assistance to Proto Engineers regarding material and configuration issues;
- Provide the MIT with upcoming Equipment Changes in a timely manner;
- Review and prepare test plans.
- Determine whether issues are related to new design or proto system and solve and report the issues.
- Ensure a safe working environment and work according 5S principles.
With these experiences and knowledge you are a very interesting employee for all different kinds of departments. This means that you have the possibility to grow further into the direction that you want and whenever you want.
Bachelor - Logistics
Bachelor – Technical
Preferably with a specialization in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, physics or electrical engineering.
There are limited constraints on working experience. The following items are a pre:
- Experience in a multi-disciplined work environment.
- Knowledge of business enterprise tooling SAP functionality.
- Working with complex systems.
Besides that we are looking for people with a strong personality and who can put some humor in his or her job we expect:
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and capable to communicate on all levels.
- Proactive attitude.
- Able to prioritize and a high degree of autonomy.
- The power to defend your own opinion.
- Willingness to invest in personal development.
- Driving for continuous improvement.
- Deliver quality.
- Team player.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of ASML products.
The department System Integration is part of D&E and responsible for the integration of modules into a proto system and proves that the system can meet specifications. Proto systems are used to verify the design concept at system level, which includes hardware and software.
The configuration and transparency of parts required during feasibility studies and new product integration is done by the Upgrade Engineer, who is also the first point of escalation when issues arise. The Upgrade Engineerworks together with several Proto Engineers and Proto Integratorsin one team on one proto system with D&E Engineers as customer.
The end goal is to find all issues before the new introduction becomes pilot, i.e. in the factory and at the customer.
The Proto Configuration engineer will work during regular office hours from Monday through Friday
Candidates need to commit for at least three years
Keywords: generalist, support, configuration management, diagnostics, SAP