Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req23150
(Senior) business excellence manager
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
ASML manufactures complex lithography systems critical to the production of microchips. ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. We provide chipmakers with everything they need – hardware, software and services – to mass produce patterns on silicon through lithography.
Within the Business Line DUV (BL DUV) we are looking for a (senior) business excellence / business transformation manager to join the Business Excellence team. This is a team of professionals that supports the BL DUV management team in defining and executing the business strategy and priorities, leading strategic cross-sector transformation and improvement programs / portfolios and deploying standard continuous improvement methods. We work in collaboration with other business lines, sectors, corporate strategy and president’s office and other business improvement departments and competence centers across ASML.
You will be responsible to:
- Lead the definition of the BL DUV strategy and business priorities;
- Drive the development and embedding of management structures (e.g. management system / KPI structure);
- Set-up and drive multi-year business improvement portfolio linked to strategy and business priorities through prioritization criteria and including business controls (value tracking, execution monitoring);
- Define and lead the implementation of strategic cross sector business improvement programs, in collaboration with business line, sectors and other improvement departments;
- Apply standard continuous improvement methods, in collaboration with ASML competence centers;
- Ensure processes are developed and structural solutions defined and embedded.
- Master’s degree is a must (in Business Administration and/or Engineering);
- Certified in project / program management, preferably certified in Lean or Lean Six Sigma.
- Leadership experience within an international and large organization (preferably within the semiconductor, manufacturing or technical industry) and across multiple disciplines (e.g. business management and operational management);
- Proven track record in defining, leading and deploying a multi-year business transformation / business excellence / operational excellence programs to support the execution of the business strategy;
- Proven experience in change management to transform and develop organizations as well as leading complex improvement programs from a supporting department (influence without power);
- Senior skill level in process improvement and continuous improvement management methods (e.g. Lean);
- Project, program and portfolio management knowledge and experience;
- Experience in business strategy / priority development and business performance management is a plus.
- Conceptual thinker at strategic level;
- Self-starting, pragmatic approach, result oriented and hands-on;
- Excellent change management and influencing skills without hierarchical power;
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels of the organization; from senior management to shop floor;
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills; good listener;
- Structure focused, ability to translate improvement concepts into implemented solutions;
- Coaching and facilitation skills;
- Business, operational, financial and commercial acumen;
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written).
Context of the position
ASML is a leading provider of advanced lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, employing 30.000 people in 16 countries. Together with our partners we provide leading patterning solutions that drive the advancement of microchips. ASML consists of four main business pillars, of which BL DUV is one. DUV’s strategic priority is to secure competitiveness by enhancing performance, for both new systems and our growing installed base. This is achieved by Innovation Excellence, in order to secure our customers roadmaps, and by Operational Excellence, focused on improving quality and reducing cost and waste.
- Please provide a tailor made CV and personalized motivation letter with details about your business excellence and change management background and your experience in complex improvement programs;
- This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.