30+ days ago - req23295
EUV Lead Physics Design Engineer - Optical Analyst
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you have a creative analytical thinking and do you like to be challenged in the field of data analysis, diagnostics and system automation? If so then you will enjoy working in our EUV System transmission Control team! It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth. Especially when you are a true self-starter who likes to understand highly complex optical systems and work on improving their efficiency
As a lead physics design engineer, you are part of a multidisciplinary product development team (optical, thermal, mechanical, electrical, Fluid dynamics, software and industrialization) that designs and improves the transmission associated with EUV scanner. You achieve your goals with creative solutions addressing diagnostics and (system) automation problems to identify transmission losses in scanner and develop improvement strategies for power stability for our internal / external customers. Once the concept is understood, you detail and implement the design together with your multidisciplinary team and supplier(s). This will require that you actively participate in meetings to understand design aspects, analyze system problems and present your findings, your results and your plans to management. The last step is to verify the design and work side by side with the industrialization team to also enable the efficient production and service activities.
You will be a member of the EUV Optical Column team and will play a key role to bring the EUV Optical Column system performance to the required specification. Your main responsibilities to drive the optical transmission diagnostic roadmap are:
- Data analyst of field and factory source system performance and related customer issues
- Troubleshooting and problem solving towards practical and automated solutions to improve source diagnostics/issues: calibration, performance or diagnostics tests.
- Specification, risks assessment and risks mitigation of possible solutions.
- Alignment with the software team on the implementation of the proposed functional solutions.
- Testing and qualification of implemented solutions.
- Support the field and factory teams during the introduction phase of the new diagnostics / automation solutions
- Identification of gaps in roadmaps, definition and drive (together with integrators) of the diagnostics and automation roadmap
- Documentation of all relevant information from specification to qualification of solutions, including lessons learned. Share the knowledge within your team.
- Drive respective optical modules to deliver diagnostics
Master Degree in Optics, Physicsor Mathematics
Experience with reflective optical modules and data analysis is a pre. 0-5 years of experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, preferably within ASML. Knowledge of the EUV Scanner is preferred. Experience with python (or MATLAB) is a pre
- Ability to overview and understand system automation challenges of a complex system
- Be curious, self-propelling, show initiative and drive
- Be transparent such that stakeholders are informed and aligned about the status of the deliverables
- Team up with your fellow team members including the Product Owner and Scrum Master
- Aspire and consider alternative perspectives to create stronger solutions
- Listen to stakeholders and understand their needs and expectations prior to providing solutions
- Encourage open communication and invite people to contribute
- Connect with people internally and externally to share knowledge, and learn from each other’s mistakes and successes
- Align goals with those of others in order to find solutions that benefit the entire company
- Build on the feedback and able to speak up when there is a different view point
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the illumination, dose control, projection and imaging metrology functions for EUV. The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure these deliveries in all the different product phases.
The holder of this position is reporting to the Dose & System Control Group Leader.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.