10 days ago - req23288
Imaging Sensors Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you have the technical capabilities to develop and industrialize state-of-the-art optical sensors?Do you have other technical skills that will enable you to succeed in a highly multidisciplinary environment? And do you have a true teamwork attitude that will empower everyone in the team to contribute to solving highly complex technical challenges? If so, we need to talk.
We have an exciting career opportunity in our Sensors department. This is one of the most vital departments in ASML, because it helps enable us to continuously improve our key business drivers of overlay, imaging, focus and throughput.
You will be expected to be flexible, ambitious, and eager to develop yourself. That’s because you will work in close cooperation with colleagues from many disciplines inside and outside ASML. To be successful you must help build a strong sense of teamwork by understanding your colleagues’ roles and their challenges. That’s also why strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are crucial in this dynamic environment. You will also manage ASML internal stakeholders, and will be in contact with suppliers and other external parties where needed.
This is a highly challenging role and offers many opportunities for professional triumph and job satisfaction.
As Design Engineer in our Sensors department you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment that further develops the current and next generation optical image and level sensors. You will need to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in several of the following activities:
- Analysis and modeling of the performance of our leading-edge optical sensors systems
- Definition of specifications to meet the required system performance
- Generate effective and creative optical solutions for improving the sensor performance
- Integration, calibration and test of the optical sensors in our lithography systems
- Cooperate in modeling and experimental verification of sensor performance
- Support the production of these sensors and its use by the final customers
Technical University, MSc or PhD in physics or engineering.
- Talented MSc or PhD candidates, preferably experienced in industry and working in multidisciplinary teams
- Proven experience or affinity with optics; preferably experienced with optical simulation tools
- Solid background on design of experiments, data analysis and presentation
- Experience with hardware development
- Experience with data analysis using MATLAB, or similar software tooling like Python
- Takes the initiative, creative and is willing to learn and adapt quickly
- Flexible and committed team player
- Pragmatic attitude, result orientation with an analytical view.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Strong communication skills, knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion.
Context of the position
The Sensors department is responsible for the development and maintenance of complex sensors in the ASML systems. We aim to continuously improve our key business drivers of overlay, imaging, focus and throughput.
Examples of our sensors are the position measurement systems of the wafer stage and the reticle stage, the wafer alignment system which measures the horizontal position of the wafer using markers on the wafer, the level sensor which measures a vertical map of the wafer and image sensors which measure the position and quality of the projected image.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.