30+ days ago - req23278
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The San Diego EUV Cleanroom Operations Lead Engineer is responsible for representing Integration interests pertaining to planning and execution of facilities services, building construction, and source build and decommission logistics.
This position is a multi-faceted responsibility including technical, project, and execution lead for multiple areas of Integration responsibility within D&E in San Diego.Examples are vacuum services, high power lasers, space planning, logistics topics, support personnel scheduling.
This role requires knowledge of systems engineering methodology, successfully driving delivery of complex products and services, be responsible for developing project plans for the areas of responsibility in support of San Diego Integration and internal and external customers’ needs.With the project plan aligned with stakeholders, the person must be able to define deliverables and estimate completion times to drive execution by Facilities and support teams, including sub-contractors.In addition, the Lead Engineer must be able to deliver the Integration vision, provide leadership, and manage stakeholders to secure business level deliverables.
The candidate will adhere to and help improve the processes established at ASML, develop processes where gaps exist.The candidate will support the Integration leadership team in efforts to strengthen the technical competencies and capabilities of the group as needs arise, and is expected to become a recognized leader for the areas of responsibility.
- Represent San Diego Integration in regards to the installation of facilities services and space utilization in the areas assigned to EUV Source Integration and R&D areas in the San Diego Factory.
- Adhere to existing safety protocols and standard operating procedures
- Review and contribute to definition of delivery of process cooling water, process gases management, electrical power, heating and cooling, build and construction tasks.
- Interpret installation requirements for Facility Management to enable successful installation of test equipment and standard facilities services necessary for product development and R&D.
- Maintain project planning with pre-defined milestones for assigned deliverables
- Convey key milestones to team members (ASML & 3rd party) and coordinate activities to secure procurement actions and ensure on-time delivery of key milestones.
- Coordinate supplier support for service, logistics and transportation of tooling and equipment moves, including vacuum pumps and related equipment.
- Interface with stakeholder/supplier providing equipment installation, service, and maintenance updates in coordination with project team.
- Effectively communicate complex installation and technical details to stakeholders.
- Take the lead in escalations that are beyond control of affected employees, and implement methods and actions that prevent them from recurring.
- Ensure that follow-up actions on reported issues are documented and tracked through completion.
- Provide feedback during and at the end of the Facilities actions that will enhance future actions, taking costs and cycle time into account – area build, source installation and decommissioning, modification of existing equipment service
- Review the execution phase with the team members on a regular basis.
- Regular reporting on project status during work in progress.
- Provide presentations and reports as required to update stakeholders with plans and progresses, identify risks and opportunities, and support key decision points.
- Manage stakeholders to drive priority based on project goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor or higher degree in engineering, physics, applied sciences, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of safety procedures required.
- Experience with complex system integration.
- Experience developing and executing project plans with cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience developing issue and risk mitigation plans
- Capable of managing communication with a variety of stakeholders, from skilled tradespeople to executive management teams
- Experience with engineering activities for improving industrialization aspects of products such as automation, diagnostics, sequence optimization and cycle time reduction, MTTR reduction, cost of ownership reduction, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude or knowledge, knowledge of electronics, industrial processes, and relevant software.
- Ability to search, listen, and recognize company and customers’ needs, and translate into project plans and requirements.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Demonstrated sustained drive for results
- Possess knowledge and experience in capital equipment product development.
- Possess time management skills.
- Well organized in tracking project and task progress.
- Experience in a challengingenvironment with high tech products and complex processes.
- Able to design solutions utilizing engineering principles as well as common sense.
- Apply best-practices for facilities topics
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals
- Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development
- Ability to turn high level objectives into long term project plans with clear deliverables, work-breakdown structure, resource loading, and issue and risk definition and mitigation planning
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with stakeholders at local site, and across organizations
- Ability to self-motivate and work in a fast-moving high-tech environment
- Excellent inter-personal service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building in highly multi-cultural environment
- Ability to influence, motivate, coach and lead.
- Excellent negotiation and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Context of the position
- The San Diego EUV Cleanroom Operations Lead Engineer will provide support to San Diego Proto Engineering and Integration group by managing operational strategies with respect to Facility Management deliverables in support of EUV source build, test and operation, and decommissioning tasks.
- Manages key performance indicators to measure performance and effectiveness for continuous improvement.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- This position is classified as "essential" and requires onsite presence during Covid19 mitigation period.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- Position will require technical work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise.
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability