17 days ago - req23226
Mechanical Lead Engineer Source and Pellicle
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is hiring!
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology. At ASML we push capabilities of our technology to the level that is considered to be impossible by external experts. We also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that we are examining. Though we stay pragmatic as our customers need real solutions, not just theories. Do you see yourself in this picture? Do you like to be challenged with complex problems and deliver solutions starting from scratch? Are you eager to contribute to the mechanical development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech lithography system? Excited to join a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic and international environment?
Do you have a minimum of 7 Years experience as a mechanical designer, a bachelors or masters education and the ability to lead a team of mechanical designers ? If so, then it’s time to advance your career and become a part of progress, and join ASML in the role of Mechanical Lead Engineer.
You specify, design and test mechanical Source and Pellicle constructions, leading a team of design engineers to meet technical specifications within costs and planning constraints.
As Lead Engineer, you guide a mechanical design team day by day, in alignment with stakeholders. You ensure that best design practices are employed, driving for excellent, robust mechanical design solution that meet the specifications. In case of deviations you resolve or ensure acceptance by the relevant stakeholders.
You take care that technical product documentation (TPD) is delivered that is up-to-date and of good quality. You team-up with project stakeholders and other disciplines to together realize the optimal overall solution for our customers.
You are responsible for the design of a mechanical (sub-)module in the Source or Pellicle area of the EUV system. You safeguard specifications regarding safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture and are working within a multidisciplinary project, possible steering one or more designers, working in a mechanical team.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare (technical) planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
- Interfaces with Project Leader and Architects.
- You have significant autonomy within own area of expertise, works independently, within practices and procedures. Issues are discussed with team/TL.
Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering (or related study giving equivalent mechanical design expertise), preferably with a specialization in Precision-, Micro-, Nano- engineering.
- At least 7 years of working experience as mechanical (lead) design engineer, preferably in a machine building or similar environment
- NX experience is a pre, 3D CAD experience is a must.
- Experience in mechanical design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive own development.
Context of the position
You will be part of a project or agile team and report directly to the team lead who is in charge of the detailed activity plans. The project leader defines scope and timing of project milestones. Specification of requirements typically come from a mechanical architect or lead engineer. Communication with ASML supplier is very commonly part of the lead engineers’ role.
The lead engineer has autonomy within own area of expertise, works independently, within practices and procedures laid out by ASML.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.