9 days ago - req23282
Physics Design Engineer - Overlay Specialist
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
If you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others - then the ASML Overlay department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
ASML builds lithography systems that can place multiple layers on a chip with very high precision. The so-called overlay accuracy demand for this layer-to-layer positioning is determined by the design of the chip.
As an Overlay Specialist you contribute to the development of ASML products by testing, analyzing, qualifying and reporting overlay performance and inventing and specifying overlay improvements within the boundary of the system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
- Specify, test, and analyze overlay qualification and calibration tests and report on the results.
- Invent and design new calibration and qualification methods to improve overlay.
- Applying innovative data analysis methods
- Use statistical methods to show improvements or issues.
- Support the internal and external customers in solving overlay issues.
- Contribute to ASML’s overlay roadmap
- Steer a team of multidisciplinary designers and representatives of other sectors.
Technical University masters or PhD, in physics or similar. Experience with experimental verification of theoretical models is a must.
- Solid theoretical and/or experimental skills, supported by experience with mathematical modeling, statistics and model verification.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. Helicopter view, broad scope and team-player. Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Preferable having industrial experience in a relevant area.
- Project leadership experience and working in SAFe environment is a pro
Enthusiastic, Self-propelling, Creative, initiative, discipline and team spirit. Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude. Good communicational skills and good command of the English language.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The Overlay department is responsible for development, delivery, integration and qualification of functional modules & machine/customer applications on spec, within time and budget w.r.t. Overlay. You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.
Keywords: overlay, physics, natuurkunde, matlab, modelleren, modeling, test, methodology, project management