22 days ago - req23265
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process.
The goal of CS DUV Engineering is to ensure that a Field Service Engineer in the customer fab can do his/her work as prepared as possible, with as minimum disturbances as possible and to continuously improve on this.
The CS Technical Author teamPerformance and Roll-out cluster. In this cluster there is a dedicated group of Technical Authors who work as one team. The Technical Authors reports to the group lead of this team.
The mission of DUV Engineering is to enable our service engineers in the field to be successful in supporting our customers, by reaching agreed Service performance while reducing costs.
As an expert in technical documentation and communication you will - together with the responsible Competence Engineer(s) - support the service engineers to fulfil their tasks in a safe, efficient and effective way.
- The Technical Autor is capable of understanding complex technical matters and to present them in a clear, accurate, and compact manner to the target audience, which are Field Service Engineers and/or customers of ASML systems.
- Using input from the responsible Competency Engineers, the Technical Author creates new (or edits existing) technical procedures and work instructions in such a way that this information is unambiguous and easy to understand for the target audience.
- In addition to technical procedures for repair, diagnostics and recovery, the Technical Author creates/edits Field Change Orders (for specific updates/changes in the field) and News Flashes (for urgent reporting of issues/workarounds).
- For creating and editing content, the Technical Author makes use of an XML-editor (Arbortext Editor) that is an integral part of the Document Management System used within ASML (Indicenter).
- As part of a valuable feedback channel, the Technical Author helps to process Comments from the end-users on work instruction content, using the Comments Tool.
- The Technical Author can adequately interact with the Competency Engineers, who are the technical specialists, and responsible for addressing structural issues in the Field.
- The Technical Authors collaborates with fellow Authors in his team to meet the targets and secure the planning of documentation deliverables, via daily stand up meetings and a standardized SharePoint workflow. In this setting there is opportunity for continuous improvement, and room to identify and develop efficiency gains in the way of working, together with the team.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical area or (technical) communication.
Preferably 3 years or more work experience in a technical writing role.
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Accurate and creative
- Analytical with attention to detail, also capable of having a helicopter-view
- Quick understanding
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative
- Flexible but result driven
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment
Context of the position
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. CS Central takes care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.
Please submit your CV and motivation letter when applying for this role.