19 days ago - req23316
Customer Support EUV Early Access Engineer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionThe Customer Support (CS) Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) Upgrades Team travels the world advancing the creation of tomorrow’s microchips.
We upgrade EUV lithography equipment with ASML’s cutting edge innovations in semiconductor production. To support leading semi-conductor companies (ASML’s customers) and to receive the latest training on the quickly evolving EUV technology, our staff travels to various locations around the globe including Taiwan, South Korea, the Netherlands, and the United States. The CS EUV Upgrades Team is a force driving maximum performance and availability for ASML’s customers, paving the way to bringing smaller and faster microchips to people’s everyday life.
As an Customer Support EUV Early Access Engineer you are responsible for the preparation and hands-on execution of an upgrade, focusing on performing a wide range of highly complex actions during the alpha, beta, and rollout phases of new products. You will execute upgrades in the fab based on pre-defined procedures and are able to troubleshoot issues on a basic level. You will be expected to teach (e.g. knowledge transfer) your skills to peers in the field who are permanently located at customer sites in order to prepare them for local ownership and execution. On top of that, you are an ambassador for ASML as you are working for and at our customers' sites around the globe.
- Executing (hands-on) hard- & software installation, recovery, and perform system setup for highly complex upgrade packages during alpha- / beta- and introduction support. Includes basic troubleshooting and adherence to escalation way-of-working (WoW).
- Provide your input to the project team on safety via technical risk assessment (identification and mitigation) during preparation and execution, and contributing towards risk mitigation plans to prevent issues from happening.
- Train other engineers by leading, guiding, and assisting them with the goal of preparing them to execute flawless upgrades on their own.
- Be the voice of the field to the project and Product Owner. Share feedback on improvement proposals based on executed work.
- Execute immature procedures at customer fabs for new products, handling unknown hardware difficulties.
- Define and execute the upgrade flow within technical capabilities always optimizing for Safety, Quality and Cycle Time.
- Ability to execute technical procedures in a FAB environment.
- Active participation in Continuous Improvement projects to improve product maturity and improve your own working environment by being the voice of the field towards your stakeholders.
- Work closely with various teams within D&E, CS, and logistics to support the PGP process.
- BSc degree in Technology, Engineering and / or Physics.
- Preferred: 3yrs experience in a technical field
- Understanding of the EUV Hardware and ability to flawlessly execute technical procedures
- Able to train, teach, and mentor others on technical concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Influence team members without power (no direct reports)
- Strong technical background, drive towards solutions, and technical ability to find/understand root cause analysis.
- Familiar with ASML culture, CS EUV operational needs and mode of operation.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
Effective communication, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, and team oriented
Context of the positionPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to travel up to 60%, no longer than 5 weeks (continuous) at a time. Domestic and international travel required.
- Must be able to work in a 24 hour x 7 day environment, i.e. any shift, any day
- Schedule may vary considerably during upgrades at the customer, to include evenings and weekends as well as long hours.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability